Launch Your International Career By Studying In The UK
The universities in the UK are world leaders in many areas of higher education which includes engineering, business, management, art, design, law etc. The country attracts over 600,000 international students every year to pursue a range of study programs from bachelor’s degrees to PhDs.
Why Study in the UK?
- Affordable tuition fees
- Courses & Qualifications that are internationally recognized
- Numerous research Opportunities
- Financial Support and scholarships to students
- Multicultural environment
- Best destination to study and learn English
- Choice of 50,000 courses in more than 25 subject areas
- Short duration courses will reduce tuition fees and accommodation costs
- Option to work while you study
COST OF STUDYING IN THE UK:
Tuition fees vary between 4 countries that comprise the UK: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The fees can vary widely depending on the type of program you choose and the university you decide to study at.
|Study Program||Average Tuition fee in GBP (£)|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree||£6,000 to £16,000 yearly|
|Postgraduate master’s degree||£10,000 to £20,000 yearly|
|Doctoral Degree||£13,000 to £29,000 yearly|
Upcoming intakes in the UK
The academic year in the UK runs from September to July. Universities and Colleges in the UK have 3 intakes and some of them may also refer to intake as a term. The 3 intakes available in the UK are:
Intake 1: Term 1 – It commences in September/October and is the major intake
Intake 2: Term 2 – It commences in January/February intake is also available
Intake 3: Term 3 – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.
UK TIER 4 STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- A valid passport
- Proof that you have enough funds to cover the living costs during your course
- CAS reference number – Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
- Documents used for obtaining the CAS
- Color passport size photos
- Any additional requirements prescribed by your university
- Required scores in the qualifying tests for admission and English proficiency tests
Post Study Options
- International students in the UK on a valid Tier 4 visa are permitted to stay in the UK after their course if they have a job offer with an annual salary of at least GBP 20,800
- Such students can switch from a Tier 4 Visa to a Tier 2 General Visa with a validity of five years to stay in the UK
- The post-study work experience of students will help them qualify for permanent residence in the UK
|QS World |
|University Name||QS World |
|5||University of Oxford||69||University of Glasgow|
|6||University of Cambridge||74||Durham University|
|8||Imperial College London||75||The University of Sheffield|
|10||UCL||79||University of Birmingham|
|18||The University of Edinburgh||82||University of Nottingham|
|29||The University of Manchester||93||University of Leeds|
|31||King’s College London||96||University of Southampton|
|38||London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)||97||University of St Andrews|
|51||University of Bristol||119||Queen Mary University of London|
|54||The University of Warwick||131||Lancaster University|
The UK is a world leader in many areas of education including engineering, science, art and design, business and management, law and finance. The UK’s reputation and legacy as a world centre for scientific research makes it a magnet for some of the very best thinkers in the world. With only one percent of the world’s population, the UK is responsible for eight per cent of global scientific publications.
The UK offers a world-renowned education system with qualifications that can make a real difference to your future. It attracts over 600,000 international students each year to a variety of programmes, ranging from English language courses to PhDs.
What exams are required to study in the UK?
Overseas students must pass one or multiple tests prior to being considered for admission by the majority of the Universities in the UK. These include standardised college and graduate admission tests like SAT, GMAT, and GRE. English language tests like IELTS and TOEFL are also included.
What are the requirements to study in the UK?
The entry requirements for studying in the UK are diverse based on the type of study you have selected.
- Qualifications on par with 2 or 3 UK A-levels, 3 or 4 Scottish Highers, Diploma or Higher National Certificate, or National Diploma BTEC or an overseas foundation year
- IELTS bands score 6.0 to 6.5
- Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 5.0 to 5.5
PG Dip /PG Cert
- Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 5.0 to 5.5
- First/ Upper second class Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 7.0
- First degree
- IELTS bands score 6.0 – 7.0
- 2-3 years of business experience
- Master’s degree
• IELTS bands score 6.5 – 7.0
How much does a UK student visa cost?
For the General Student Visa [Tier 4], the applicant will have to pay £348 when applying from outside the UK. An additional £348 per person will have to be paid for any dependents that will be accompanying the principal applicant to the UK.
How long does it take to get a UK student visa?
For a General Student Visa [Tier 4], you can expect a decision on your student visa application within 3 weeks of submission of your UK student visa application.
How can I go from India to London to study?
In order to go to London from India for studies you must:
- Identify a course from out of the 30,000 plus courses that the London City has to offer
- Prepare and submit an application for admission and the application process for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees is not the same
- Check if you qualify for the UK Study Visa
- Submit an application for the UK Student Visa with all the required documents
How can I get the UK Study Visa from Dubai?
Can I work in the UK with Student Visa?
You are permitted to work in the UK with the Student Visa if you study at a College or University that is listed both on the list of accredited bodies and the official list of UKVI Sponsor.
Overseas students are permitted to work part-time for 20 hours weekly during term and full-time during vacations. They must be studying a full-time Post-graduate or Undergraduate course at a recognized University.
What are the post-study work options?
International students who complete their undergraduate or postgraduate degree would be able to stay back in the UK for up to 2 years to look for work. They can take up any type of job with no restrictions.
Are colleges and universities in the UK accepting applications from overseas students?
Colleges and universities in the UK are open and are accepting online applications from international students.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.