WHY STUDY IN UK VIA UK STUDENT VISA?
- Top 10 QS ranking Universities
- Affordable fees
- Post Study Work Permit for 2 years
- Scholarship worth £1000 to £6000
- Earn while studying
Launch Your International Career By Studying In The UK
The universities in the UK are world leaders in many areas of higher education which includes engineering, business, management, art, design, law etc. The country attracts over 600,000 international students every year to pursue a range of study programs from bachelor’s degrees to PhDs.
Study in the UK
- Affordable tuition fees
- Courses & Qualifications that are internationally recognized
- Numerous research Opportunities
- Financial Support and scholarships to students
- Multicultural environment
- Best destination to study and learn English
- Choice of 50,000 courses in more than 25 subject areas
- Short duration courses will reduce tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- Option to work while you study
COST OF STUDYING IN THE UK:
Tuition fees vary between 4 countries that comprise the UK: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The fees can vary widely depending on the type of program you choose and the university you decide to study at.
|Study Program||Average Tuition fee in GBP (£)|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree||£6,000 to £16,000 yearly|
|Postgraduate master’s degree||£10,000 to £20,000 yearly|
|Doctoral Degree||£13,000 to £29,000 yearly|
Upcoming intakes in the UK
The academic year in the UK runs from September to July. Universities and Colleges in the UK have 3 intakes and some of them may also refer to intake as a term. The 3 intakes available in the UK are:
Intake 1: Term 1 – It commences in September/October and is the major intake
Intake 2: Term 2 – It commences in January/February intake is also available
Intake 3: Term 3 – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.
Post Study Options
- International students in the UK on a valid Tier 4 visa are permitted to stay in the UK after their course if they have a job offer with an annual salary of at least GBP 20,800
- Such students can switch from a Tier 4 Visa to a Tier 2 General Visa with a validity of five years to stay in the UK
- The post-study work experience of students will help them qualify for permanent residence in the UK
|2||University of Oxford||Oxford|
|=3||University of Cambridge||Cambridge|
|7||Imperial College London||London|
|16||The University of Edinburgh||Edinburgh|
|=27||The University of Manchester||Manchester|
|King’s College London|
|49||The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)||London|
|61||The University of Warwick||Warwick|
|62||University of Bristol||Bristol|
The UK is a world leader in many areas of education including engineering, science, art and design, business and management, law and finance. The UK’s reputation and legacy as a world centre for scientific research makes it a magnet for some of the very best thinkers in the world. With only one percent of the world’s population, the UK is responsible for eight per cent of global scientific publications.
The UK offers a world-renowned education system with qualifications that can make a real difference to your future. It attracts over 600,000 international students each year to a variety of programmes, ranging from English language courses to PhDs.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS ASSIST YOU TO STUDY IN CANADA?
Y-Axis is the right mentor to advise you on Study in Canada. It helps you with
- Free Counseling,avail professional counseling to help you choose the right course and university in Canada
- Campus Ready Program, a Y-Axis initiativethat counsels every student to navigate in the right direction during and after the study program in Canada.
- Coaching, assists you to ace your IELTS test results with our live classes. This helps you to score well on the exams required to study in Canada.
- Canada Student Visa, get counseling and advice from proven expertise to advise you in all the steps.
- Course Recommendation, get unbiased advice with Y-Path that puts you on the right path to success.
What exams are required to study in the UK?
Overseas students must pass one or multiple tests prior to being considered for admission by the majority of the Universities in the UK. These include standardised college and graduate admission tests like SAT, GMAT, and GRE. English language tests like IELTS and TOEFL are also included.
What are the requirements to study in the UK?
The entry requirements for studying in the UK are diverse based on the type of study you have selected.
- Qualifications on par with 2 or 3 UK A-levels, 3 or 4 Scottish Highers, Diploma or Higher National Certificate, or National Diploma BTEC or an overseas foundation year
- IELTS bands score 6.0 to 6.5
- Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 5.0 to 5.5
PG Dip /PG Cert
- Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 5.0 to 5.5
- First/ Upper second class Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 7.0
- First degree
- IELTS bands score 6.0 – 7.0
- 2-3 years of business experience
- Master’s degree
• IELTS bands score 6.5 – 7.0
How much does a UK student visa cost?
For the General Student Visa [Tier 4], the applicant will have to pay £348 when applying from outside the UK. An additional £348 per person will have to be paid for any dependents that will be accompanying the principal applicant to the UK.
How long does it take to get a UK student visa?
For a General Student Visa [Tier 4], you can expect a decision on your student visa application within 3 weeks of submission of your UK student visa application.
How can I get the UK Study Visa from Dubai?
Can I work in the UK with Student Visa?
You are permitted to work in the UK with the Student Visa if you study at a College or University that is listed both on the list of accredited bodies and the official list of UKVI Sponsor.
Overseas students are permitted to work part-time for 20 hours weekly during term and full-time during vacations. They must be studying a full-time Post-graduate or Undergraduate course at a recognized University.
What are the post-study work options?
International students who complete their undergraduate or postgraduate degree would be able to stay back in the UK for up to 2 years to look for work. They can take up any type of job with no restrictions.
Are colleges and universities in the UK accepting applications from overseas students?
Colleges and universities in the UK are open and are accepting online applications from international students.
Do I need a visa to study in the UK?
You are required to apply for a student visa in the UK if you wish to study in the country. The study program should be longer than six months. For more details about study visas and how to apply for them, go through the details about the EU-Exit of the UK and visit the Study UK page.
Do students have the permit to work part-time while pursuing their studies?
Yes. A substantial number of students at British universities take up part-time jobs. Generally, they are employed in the academic tutoring, hospitality, or student union at the institute. If you are an international student, there are restrictions on the number of working hours.
Your institute might also provide guidelines about the number of working hours permitted. Check with them to verify that you have adequate time for your studies.
What are the living costs while studying in the UK?
As per Numbeo, the cost of living in the UK is 5.44 percent cheaper compared to the US, while the rent is 20.97 percent cheaper compared to the US. The actual expense varies based on where you opt to study in the UK.
How are UK student halls?
To help international students find accommodation, the universities in the UK provide student halls. These are offered to primarily first-year students. The halls have a good value for money and have easy access to essential facilities needed by a student.
The international students get an opportunity to interact with students from different social backgrounds. Independent companies run private halls and provide a similar type of accommodation for students who cannot get space in the university’s student halls.
Will I get support to learn English if I'm trying to improve my English?
Yes. Your university must have a facility for language support to improve your speaking, listening, and writing skills. It is possible to find a course if you want to improve your language skills in English, even after meeting the university’s English proficiency requirements.
You can also learn other foreign languages.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.