Finland visit visa
If you want to visit Finland as a tourist, you’ll need a short-term visa that is valid for 90 days. The Schengen visa is another name for this short-term visa. The Schengen visa is valid in all European countries that are part of the Schengen agreement which includes Finland as one of the nations.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Finland and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Even if you do not need a Finland visit visa to enter Finland, you must have a valid passport or other appropriate travel document. It must be valid for at least ninety days after the date you wish to leave the Schengen area.
Furthermore, the passport or other travel document must be no older than ten years old.
Documents required for Finland tourist visa
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Finland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros from an insurance company approved by the Schengen countries
Make sure you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents before applying for a Finland tourist visa.
Make sure you pay the necessary fees for the visa.
What is the validity of the visa?
Within a six-month term, a Finland tourist visa is valid for three months. This means that you can spend 90 days in Finland during a 180-day period. If you exceed your limit, you risk being barred from entering the Schengen area entirely. You can always use the visa calculator to double-check.
With a Finland tourist visa, may I go to other countries?
Yes, you certainly can. A Schengen visa is valid for all Schengen Area and EEA/EU countries, allowing you to visit any country within this zone. Keep in mind, however, that all days spent visiting other countries are counted toward your 90/180-day limit.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.