Why not the USA?
- Experience New York
- Visit the green National Parks
- Go on road trips
- Have fun at the theme parks
- Gorge on tempting food
Travel To The USA
If you intend to visit the US for a holiday or visit your family and friends, then you must apply for the US visit visa.The B-2 visa is a non-immigrant US visa. This tourist visa to US gives permission to individuals to enter the US for a short period.
B-visa holders which include both B1 and B2 visas can engage in the following activities when they are in the US:
- Come to the country on a holiday
- Visit the various cities in the country
- Visit their friends or family
- Take part in social events conducted by organizations
- Visit the country for medical treatment
- Participate in sports or music events
- Participate in short term courses
US B2 Visa Details
The US B2 visa or the US visit visa is issued for a period of 6 months. In some cases, it is issued as a multiple entry visa for a period of up to 10 years.
US tourist visa requirements
- You must be able to convince US consular officials at a US Embassy or Consulate that you are not visiting the country with the intent of becoming a citizen.
- You must have convincing reasons for why you must return to your home country.
- You must schedule your biometrics and visa interview appointments.
- Children under the age of 14 and adults over the age of 80 are not expected to attend an interview at the Consulate/Embassy and can instead apply their documentation at the visa application center.
- People who already have a US Visit Visa and are applying for renewal can do so by scheduling a visa appointment and sending their documents in person at a visa application center.
The visa is processed within 2-3 days and your passport can either be collected from the VAC center or couriered to you.
The B1 visa is issued if you intend to visit the US for business purposes for a short period of time.
US visit visa requirements
You can come to the US on a B1 visa for the following purpose:
Consultation with business partners
Traveling on particular dates for a science, educational, technical, or business convention or conference
Settling an inheritance
Taking part in a short-term training program
Transiting through the United States: those individuals with a B-1 visa are permitted to travel through the United States.
US visit visa document requirements
- Valid passport
- Proof of funds
- Letters supporting your reason of visiting the US
- Adequate insurance coverage
- Details of who you are staying with and where
- Air tickets
- Evidence that you will return to your home country
- Financial documents
- Insurance and other supporting documents
US tourist visa application process:
Submit the Form DS-160
Pay the visa fees Make an appointment for a tourist visa interview at a US embassy or consulate.
Fill out the B-2 visa application form.
Participate in the visa interview.
If you have applied for a tourist visa to the United States, you will be expected to attend a visa interview where you will be asked questions about your trip’s intention and itinerary.
How long is a US Tourist Visa valid for?
The US Tourist Visa (B-1/B-2) is a non-immigrant US Visa. Its validity period ranges from 1 month to 10 years and allows single, double or multiples entries to the US. The period of stay which is a maximum of 6 months is recorded by the Customs and Border Protection officer. This is at the entry port on the Form I-94 of the Visa holder.
The validity period specifies the time period for which the Visa can be used to arrive in the US. The period of stay specifies the duration for which an individual can remain in the US after every single entry.
How long does it take to get US Tourist Visa after the interview?
The exact processing times for a US Tourist Visa vary and are an approximation that can change at any time. Processing times cannot be guaranteed. Non-refundable reservations and tickets must not be bought till the time you obtain all the Passports and Visas.
The holiday seasons have high travel volume. The processing times for Consulates such as the Houston are at least 3 weeks.
General Processing Times
- It will take approximately 3 to 5 working days if the application is made in person
- For PIOs and US nationals requiring reference and all non-US nationals, it will take minimum 1 or 2 weeks for processing
- For all applications that require prior reference check, the processing time for the reference check alone is minimum 1 week
- You will have to add the transit and mailing time both ways when you apply by mail like courier or post
Each immigrant Visa case is unique and so it is tough to estimate the exact processing times of the individual cases. Generally, there are 3 factors that influence the required processing times:
- The time needed to process an application
- Time taken for processing through the Consulate and National Visa Centre
- Time taken for the case to become current
How much money do I need to show for US Tourist Visa?
Officially, there is no limit for the money to be shown for the US Tourist Visa. Any amount that can validate the overall expenses for your US trip must be adequate. This includes to and fro air tickets, medical insurance, boarding, lodging, shopping, etc. It is keeping in mind the duration and purpose of the trip. The higher the amount, the better.
For example, it can be estimated that the cost for a 15-day tour for one person can be around 5000 to 6000 USD. So the equivalent amount of money must be present in your or your sponsor’s bank.
What documents are required for US Tourist Visa?
The mandatory documents needed for the US Tourist Visa are:
- An original passport that has a validity of minimum 6 months after the likely arrival date in the US
- All expired passports
- 1 photograph for every specification, both hard and digital copy is needed
- Confirmation page of the DS – 160 US Visa application form stamped at the VAC – Visa Application Centre
- Valid fee payment receipt
- Printout of the appointment letter for US Visa interview
How can I get a Tourist Visa for the USA?
Applicants of US Tourist Visa must demonstrate that they are eligible as per the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The law’s presumption is that every applicant of a Visitor/Tourist Visa is an intending migrant. Thus, the applicants of this Visa have to overcome this presumption.
Applicants have to demonstrate that they have a home in their nation of origin and they do not intend to abandon it. They must also prove that their intention is to arrive at the US for a limited and specified purpose. The purpose of their tour is to enter the US for medical treatment, tourism, or business.
What are the eligibility requirements for the B-2 visa?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They must prove that their visit will be temporary
- They must indicate their intention to return to their home country at the end of their stay (or any extension)
- They must have a valid foreign passport
- They should have a residence abroad where they intend to return
- They should have enough funds to support themselves financially while in the country
Is a B-2 visa valid on an expired passport?
If your B-2 visa is valid, you can still use it even if you have an expired passport. Do not remove it from your passport. You can still use the visa in your expired passport with your new passport when you want to visit the United States.
What are the restrictions of the D visa?
Since the D visa does not allow you to stay in the U.S, there are several restrictions which you will have to follow with the D visa, you cannot:
- Stay in the U.S for more than the designated time.
- Study in the U.S.
- Find employment in the U.S.
- Extend the D visa.
- Adjust or change the status of the D visa.
- Apply for a Green Card with a D visa.
- Work for another company except the vessel or airline you were in
- Enter and leave the U.S from different dock or airport
- Do longshore work on a D visa
- Re-enter the U.S within 6 months
How long can i stay in the U.S with a D visa?
This is a short duration visa. The visa is valid for a period of a maximum of 29 days or until the date of departure from the U.S whichever is earlier.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.