Norway Business Visa
You will need to apply for a Norway business visa if you want to visit Norway for business purposes. This business visa is used to travel to Norway for business purposes such as company meetings, job interviews, or partnership meetings.
You’ll need to apply for a 90-day short-stay visa. The Schengen visa is another name for a short-stay visa. The Schengen visa is valid in all European countries that have signed the Schengen agreement.
You must have a valid reason to visit the country.
During your stay, you must have enough money to support yourself and any dependents.
You must have close ties to your home country, allowing you to return home at the end of your stay.
You must have a good reputation and no criminal history.
You must have a valid invitation from a legitimate company in the country with which you are doing /will do business.
- Valid passport with at least six months validity
- Passport must have been issued during the past ten years
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Norway
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds
- Covering letter from your company in case you are travelling to Norway on behalf of their business
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel and a Power of attorney from your company giving you full authority
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Income tax returns of last three years
- Company must give declaration for coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
The earliest you can apply for a Norway Business Visa is three months before your trip, and the latest is 15 working days before you plan to fly to the country for business.
The validity of the Norway business visa is 90 days.
What is the Business Express Program for Norway?
The Business Express Program is open to well-established local subsidiaries of Norwegian companies and well-established local companies with a subsidiary in Norway. The visa application process is similar to those for Business Visa applicants.
Required documents for application
- General introduction of the company, company name and registration number
- Taxation certificate
- Number of employees
- A specimen of the signature(s) of the person(s) authorized to sign cover letters for visa applications
- Full contact details of the persons authorized to share information about the applications and applicants
A business visa to Norway requires more documentation than other category C visas, such as proof of trip funding, proof of prior commercial partnership, an invitation letter from the inviting Norwegian corporation, and proofs of previous commercial transactions.
What can cause longer processing time of the business visa?
In normal circumstances the visa is processed within 6 working days.
Minimum of 10 working days over and above the usual turnaround time of 6 working days for postal applications (those who submit their applications by mail).
Non-Norwegians (those who were born in another country, have a previous nationality, or were born in another country) would have to wait an additional 5 working days for their application to be processed.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.