Norway Business Permit
If you planning to visit Norway to conduct your business then you need to have a business visa to travel to the country. This visa facilitates a businessperson to visit Norway for business-related activities, such as a partnership or corporation, and employment.
REQUIREMENTS for visa
You need to apply for a short-stay visa. This visa for short-stay is also known as the Schengen visa. It permits you to stay for 90 days in Norway. All the European countries part of the Schengen agreement considers this visa valid.
REQUIREMENTS for ELIGIBILITY
- A reliable reason to visit the country.
- Sufficient funds to cover your expenses and dependents during your stay.
- Strong ties with your native country, where you can return to after your stay in Norway.
- No criminal record
- A formal invitation is required from a reputed company in Norway with whom you plan to do business.
These are the documents you would need to apply for the Norwegian business visa:
- A passport with six months’ validity
- A passport should have been issued in the past ten years
- Two passport-sized photos
- Completed application form for visa
- Proof of funds to pay for the stay in Norway and return trip
- A policy for travel insurance that covers medical emergencies
- Cover letter from your company, if you are visiting Norway to represent their business
- An invitation letter from the company you plan to visit with a detailed address and scheduled travel dates of your visit
- Certificate from your employer permitting you for business travel and authorizing you with a Power of Attorney
- Proof of the two companies having past trade relations in the past
- The past six months’ bank statement
- The returns of income tax for the past three years
- The company should declare its intention of covering the expenses on the LOI or letter of invitation.
TIME for PROCESSING AND VALIDITY
You can stay for 90 days in Norway or any other Schengen country with this business visa.
HOW Y-AXIS CAN Assist YOU?
- Evaluating the documents needed for your visa application
- Guide you on the funds that need to be displayed to the visa officials
Counsel you to complete the process of application
What is the Business Express Program for Norway?
The Royal Norwegian Embassy in New Delhi provides the Business Express Program. The program has an efficient process to procure Schengen visas for companies that frequently send their employees to Norway for business-related activities. The Embassy offers:
- Single point of contact
- A decision in four working days
The Business Express Program applies to:
- Established local subsidiaries of companies
- Companies with subsidiaries in the country
The process for visa application is similar to that for Business Visa.
The documents required for this application are:
- Company name
- Registration number
- Introduction of the company
- The industry or sector it belongs to
- Certificate of Taxation
- Business and professional credentials
- Number of employees
- Complete contact details
A Norwegian business visa requires more documents than the visas of category C, such as evidence of past commercial partnerships and transactions, funds for the trip, and an LOI or letter of Invitation from the Norwegian corporation.
What is the usual processing time for a Business visa for Norway?
The applications for the Norwegian business visa are processed approximately within seven days. For a few cases, the time for processing might take approximately 15 to 30 days.
What can cause a longer processing time for a Business visa in Norway?
The processing time can take longer for cases where:
- There is a need for an interview
- Missing documents
- Documents need to be assessed
Usually, it is processed within six working days.
It might take more than ten working days for the applicants who have submitted their applications via mail.
The people, who are not citizens of Norway or were born in some other country, need to wait for an additional five working days to process the application.
How soon should I apply?
The Norwegian Embassy advises you to apply four weeks prior to your scheduled travel to Norway.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.