Germany Business Visa
Germany offers a German business visa which is a Schengen visa that allows its holder to enter and stay in Germany for up to 90 days during its validity period of six months unless the visa sticker specifies otherwise. It is provided to visitors who come to Germany to conduct business, attend meetings, sign contracts, and so on.
This visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement.
- Valid passport with at least three months validity
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Germany
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 Euros
- Company covering letter with complete travel plan (itinerary) stating your location, length of service, dates and intent of trip, and whether or not your expenses are covered by your employer.
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel and a Power of attorney from your company giving you full authority
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the company for the last 3 months
- Proof of financial status:
- Pay slips from the previous three months/employment contract if employed or Certificate of Proprietorship or other evidence of ownership if self-employed
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of civil status
You may apply for a visa as early as six months before your trip and as late as three weeks before your trip.
You should send your application to the German Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.
Your visa application will take 10 to 15 days to process, which is why you should apply at least three weeks before your travel. If the embassy is receiving a large number of applications at the same time, your application may be postponed, or it may be delayed due to your unique circumstance.
A German Business Visa’s validity is determined by the embassy that issued it. The embassy can grant you a business visa with either of the following validity
Single entry –allows you to visit Germany only once and stay for the duration of your visa, which is usually 10 days.
Multiple entries – allows you to visit Germany more than once in a specified time, i.e., from January to May, with the requirement that you do not exceed the maximum number of days allowed, i.e., 20 days.
Do I need a visa to go to Germany for business purposes?
Depends upon your nationality. Not everyone will require a visa for entering Germany for the purposes of business.
Which visa will I need to go to Germany on business?
For going to Germany for business purposes – like attending business meetings, participating in related conferences, or simply doing business abroad – you will have to get a Schengen short-stay visa [Type C] for ‘Business’. Do keep in mind that as Schengen short-stay visas are issued for different purposes, you will have to specify the reason for travel as ‘Business’.
What is the validity of a German business visa?
Typically, a short-stay business visa for Germany will be valid for a 90 day period within 6 months, unless otherwise stated on the physical visa sticker that will be stuck into your passport.
How many times can I use my Germany business visa?
A Schengen short-stay visa can be used for 1, 2, or multiple entries in the Schengen Area. For this, you will have to check the “Number of Entries” on your visa sticker. You can either enter Germany once and stay for 90 days at a time, or enter Germany 2-3 times without breaking the “90 days within 180 days” rule attached to your visa.
What is the cost of a German business visa?
As in May 2020, the cost for a German business visa is EUR 80.
What is the processing time for German business visa?
A German business visa is usually processed within 15 days.
What is the earliest that I can apply for German business visa?
The earliest that you can apply for a German business visa is 6 months before your intended date of travelling to Germany on business.
What is the latest that I can apply for a German business visa?
The latest that you can apply for a business visa for Germany is 15 days before you travel.
Is it true that German business visas get priority processing?
One of the perks of applying for a Schengen visa for Business is that you can get a quicker appointment even in the peak season for visa applications when there might be many people applying.
Can I extend my Business visa for Germany?
While an extension is permitted, it is granted only in exceptional cases wherein the visa applicant seeking the extension has a strong reason for doing so.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.