Belgium Tourist Visa
If you wish to visit Belgium, then you must apply for a Belgium visit visa. Since Belgium is a member of the Schengen area of Europe, its visa conditions are identical to those of other Schengen countries. This means you can fly to Belgium using the same Schengen visa you’d use to visit the other 25 Schengen countries.
- Completed visa application form
- Photographs (as specified)
- Copies of any previous visa, if applicable
- Language preference form. You may choose your application to be treated in English, German, Dutch or French.
- Schengen Travel Insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000
- A cover letter outlining the intent of your visit and the specifics of your trip.
- The dates of your entry and departure from Belgium are specified in your flight itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation, such as hotel reservations or some other document demonstrating your location in Belgium.
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse, divorce certificate (whatever is applicable)
- Proof of having sufficient funds.
- If you are working, you will need to submit your offer letter, six months’ worth of bank statements, and income tax records
- Self-employed people would require their business license, six months’ bank statements, and tax records
When you arrive at the Belgian airport, you must show the border officials the following documents:
If you are a resident of a visa-exempt country, you will need a valid Schengen Visa, a passport, or another valid travel document. Your passport should be valid for at least three months longer than your planned stay in Belgium.
Border officials can even question you about your visit’s intent and duration.
In most cases, a Belgian Schengen visa is issued within 15 days.
In certain circumstances, this duration may be extended to 30 days.
In extraordinary circumstances, the processing period can exceed 60 days.
You can apply for your Belgian short-stay visa as soon as possible. Bear in mind, however, that you cannot apply more than three months prior to your trip to Belgium.
What are the essential requirements for submitting visa application?
- Your passport must have a minimum of 2 blank pages.
- Your passport must have a validity of a minimum of 3 months from the date that the applicant intends leaving the Schengen Area. If there are multiple entries, the date that the applicant intends leaving the Schengen Area for the last time.
- You can only apply within 3 months of the date of arrival in Belgium.
Do I have to give my biometrics?
All those applying for Schengen visa will have to appear in person with the exception of children below 12 years of age. The bio-metrics are stored in the database for 5 years.
Providing biometrics helps safeguard the identities of actual candidates. Proving their identity and their travel status is easier for people with biometrics.
Is it possible to obtain a multiple-entry tourist visa for Belgium?
You can get a multiple entry tourist visa to Belgium that is valid for one year, three years, or five years and can be used for up to 90 days in a 180-day period.
What is the Belgium Visit Visa application process?
Prepare ahead of time
It is critical to apply for a tourist visa in Belgium within a suitable time frame. Visa applications should not be submitted to the Schengen area’s equivalent consulate 15 days before to the estimated date of arrival in the member country.
Schedule an Appointment
To visit any Belgian embassy, you must almost always schedule an appointment via the internet or by phone.
Complete and submit your application
Because you must hand in the relevant documents in person, find out which Belgian consulate is the most convenient for you to travel to. At the consulate, you will be interviewed to confirm your purpose of visit as well as other supporting documentation.
Obtain Your Visa
The applicable consulate or authorized visa will notify you about the visa which you will have to go and collect.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.