Austria Tourist Visa
If you are planning to visit Austria for a vacation or sightseeing, then you will need an Austria visit visa. If your duration of stay is not going to be more than 90 days, then you will have to apply for the Schengen Short Stay Visa also known as a C-type visa.
You would need to get any one of the following Schengen Visas for Austria:
- Austrian Tourist Visa: If you wish to go sightseeing or vacation in Austria
- Austrian Visitor Visa: If you wish to visit friends or relatives living in Austria
You would need the following for an Austrian Schengen Visa application:
- Visa application form
- Photographs as per specifications
- Travel document or passport with a validity of at least of 3 months
- Copies of any previous Schengen Visa (if applicable)
- Schengen Travel Insurance worth at least €30,000 for medical emergencies
- Cover letter indicating your purpose and itinerary for the visit
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation proof
- Bank statement of the last six months
- Proof of having enough funds for the trip
- Marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. (wherever applicable)
If you are employed, you should provide proof of employment and your income tax records. If you are self-employed, you will have to provide details of your business and income tax records.
The required documents specific to Austian visitor visa are:
- A sponsorship letter especially when another person is providing financial sponsorship for your trip. This is also called an Affidavit of Support.
- Invitation proof is needed. You’ll need to include additional documentation to show that you were invited to visit Austria by a friend or family member. Documents can be:
- An invitation letter signed by the host.
- A photocopy of the host’s passport
Step 1: Choose the right visa for you.
Step 2: Book a prior appointment for submission of application.
Step 3: Submit documents at the visa application center.
Step 4: Collect your passport.
You will need to fill out the Schengen Visa application form and include the following documents: two recent passport-style images, a passport or other travel documents less than 10 years old and valid for at least three months after the date of your departure from the Schengen region. You will also need travel and medical insurance to cover up to €30,000 in expenses.
You should have a flight itinerary and proof of accommodation during your stay, proof of your civil status, such as a marriage certificate, and proof that you have means of subsistence during your stay, you should have a cover letter specifying your itinerary and the intent of your visit.
Processing time for Austria tourist visa
Usually, the processing time for Type C visas is about 15 to 20 days.
When there are many applications being processed simultaneously, the processing time can go up to 30 days as well.
In exceptional cases, even 60 days might be needed for processing.
The processing period can be extended to 30 days because of the number of applications received by the Austrian embassy/consulate or the uniqueness of your situation.
What is the difference between Austria tourist and visit visa?
A tourist visa is for those visiting Austria either for tourism or any other non-business-related reason. A visitor visa, on the other hand, is for those visiting friends or family in Austria. Do keep in mind that if you plan on going to Austria on a visitor visa, the person who has invited you will have to provide a guarantee on your behalf.
Visitors will, however, need a letter of reference from a friend or family member staying in Austria. In addition, at the time of the visa application process, they would need to present the reference letter.
What is a Schengen visa?
A short-stay visa, Schengen visa allows the visa holder to travel to any of the members of the Schengen Area for a 90 days period per stay for business or tourism.
Schengen Area includes 26 countries in Europe. You are not free to apply for the Schengen visa for any country, you must apply in the mission or embassy of the country where you are planning to stay for the longest duration.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.