Netherlands visit visa
If you want to visit the Netherlands for a vacation, you’ll need to apply for a Netherlands visit visa or the short-stay Schengen visa. You can stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period with this visa. You can travel freely inside the Netherlands and other Schengen countries with this visa.
Documents required for Netherlands tourist visa
- Completed application form
- 2 passport size photos
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months with at least two blank pages
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay
- Copy of your return ticket flight reservation
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your visit to Netherlands and your itinerary
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Proof of accommodation for your stay in Netherland
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros from an insurance company approved by the Schengen countries
Additional documents required include:
- Invitation letter from any family member or a sponsor if applicable
- Statement from your bank of the last six months
Extension of Netherlands visit visa
The tourist visa cannot be extended for more than 90 days. If you must extend your stay due to compelling personal circumstances, you must produce documents proving that you will not be able to return to your home country before the 90-day period expires.
You must, however, be able to support yourself financially during your stay or have a sponsor who will support during your stay. You must also be covered by insurance during the duration of you stay.
Is it compulsory to submit biometrics for Netherlands tourist visa?
In order to present biometric data, applicants for a Schengen visa must present in person (fingerprints and photograph). This biometric data will be valid for 5 years, and travelers who have already submitted their biometric data will not be required to do so again for the next 5 years. This step is not required for children under the age of 12.
What is the latest that I can apply for visit visa for the Netherlands?
Applications must be submitted not later than 15 working days before your intended date of travel.
What is the processing time?
Visa applications can take up to 15 days to be processed. However, it can take up to 60 days in some cases, such as when extra investigations are required.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.