Why work in Canada?
- Earn 5-8 times more than your current salary
- Get Citizenship within 3 to 5 years
- Average working hours – 40 per week
- Paid leave: 4 Weeks
- Retirement benefits
Work visa for Canada
A work permit can be known as the official document that permits an international native to seek employment while residing in Canada. Every year, over 1 million Canadian work permits are issued to foreign nationals, making it one of the most favored immigration destinations. The country offers plenty of job opportunities in different sectors to migrants worldwide. Candidates looking to migrate to Canada permanently can commence their journey abroad by first seeking employment there.
Benefits of working in Canada
Canada offers not only many job opportunities but also renders long lasting benefits. Some of the advantages of being employed in Canada are as follows:
- There is a high level of security maintained at workplaces in Canada.
- Every Canadian employer follows a set of rules and regulations to ensure the safety of the employees.
- The wages offered by Canadian employers are lucrative and competitive.
- Foreign immigrants are paid equal wages to that their Canadian peers.
- Some of the Canadian work visas allow candidates to take their spouses and children to Canada.
- A candidate with ample work experience becomes eligible to avail of several Canadian immigration programs.
Popular Canadian immigration programs
Some of the immigration programs of Canada are given below –
- Express Entry
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal skilled worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FWT)
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
- Quebec Immigration program
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Types of Canadian Work Permits
A Canadian work permit can be obtained in more than one way based on the criteria and qualifications. Some licenses require an LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment), while others ask for sponsorship from a Canadian citizen.
Given below is the different work permit categories that you can choose from based on your requirement –
- Requiring a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- Facilitated LMIA (Quebec)
- Global Talent Stream
LMIA-Exempt categories that require a job offer or employment contract
- International Mobility Program (IMP)
- NAFTA Work Permits
- CETA Work Permits
- Intra-Company Transfers
Other work permits
- Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP)
- Spousal Sponsorship from Inside of Canada
- International Experience Canada (IEC) (working holiday visa)
- Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)
- Spouse Accompanying International Student or Worker
- Open Work Permits (no job offer or LMIA required)
The basic eligibility that needs to be fulfilled is that international nationals need a permit to qualify to work in Canada with some allowances.
To apply for a work permit, candidates need a job offer from a Canadian employer backed by an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment). Sometimes, migrants can apply for a work visa without a job or LMIA.
Candidates who qualify to apply for a work permit must also fulfill the given eligibility criteria –
- Proof that they intend to exit the country upon the expiration of the licensed work.
- Proof of enough funds.
- Medical certificates
- Criminal clearance certificate
- Have plans on working with an authorized employer
- Must be able to provide any additional documents as proof of eligibility.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR CANADA WORK PERMIT
Step 1: To apply for a Canada work permit, candidates must meet the eligibility conditions
Step 2: Candidates can check their points through Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points calculator for free.
Step 3: Get your Educational Credential Assessments (ECA)
Step 4: Candidates must apply online through the Express Entry portal
Step 5: If candidates get invitations to apply, they need to submit an application for Canada PRs along with requirements and fee payments
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
Y-Axis is one of the leaders in Canadian immigration and visa consulting services. Our teams have worked on thousands of Canadian visa applications and we have the knowledge and experience to help you throughout the process. Our services include:
- Y-Axis coaching serviceswill ace your scores of standardised tests based on which your visa applicants will be assessed
- Evaluating your eligibility to work in Canada, through Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
- Complete assistance and guidance while filling the visa application form
- Free counseling from our Canada immigration experts on how to initiate the process, which jobs you are looking for etc.
- Free webinarson Canada work, immigration, etc., by our immigration professionals, which helps you to achieve your professional goals easily.
- Y-Axis career counseling provides step by step guidance to work in Canada.
How to extend my Canada work permit?
While it is suggested that the Temporary workers who qualify to extend their work permit can apply 30 days before the expiration date, it is not mandatory. Visa extension can be done until the last day of visa expiration.
Can I get a Canada work permit without a job offer?
Candidates who wish to work in Canada require a job offer from a Canadian employer. With an open permit, the employer can work for any employer and in any state in Canada. However, other criteria let workers apply for an open permit and work without an employment offer.
Is there an age limit for Canadian work permits?
The candidate must be 18 years or above to acquire a work permit for Canada. The IEC (International Experience Canada) program lets candidates apply without age criteria.
Is a candidate eligible to apply for Canadian health insurance while on a work permit?
Every province and state in Canada maintains its insurance plans. While some provinces facilitate people with permits to apply for provincial health insurance, others require that the candidate be there in person until he qualifies for the insurance.
Differentiate between a Canadian work permit and a visa?
- A Canada work permit allows foreign individuals to work in Canada, while a visa is just a travel document that authorizes your entry into the country.
- A visa can be a seal stamped onto your passport that allows individuals to enter the Canadian province or transit through the airport.
- Once you exit the country, you must return with a valid visa.
Is IELTS required to apply for a Canadian work permit?
There is no language proficiency requirement for a Canada work permit. However, it depends on the type of job that is offered to the candidate.
What is the validity of a Canada work permit?
Canadian work permits come with a validity of 1-2 years. The validity of the permit sometimes depends on the type of program that the candidate chooses. A work permit usually lasts until the validity of the candidate’s passport. A work permit will also not be given past the deadline given by the candidate to stay in Canada.
Is it compulsory to have a Canadian work permit to enter the country?
When you leave the country and travel outside, you will be asked to submit a work permit and additional travel documents if you wish to re-enter the country. A Canadian work permit lets you be employed in the country but does not authorize travel.
Are Canadian employers allowed to sponsor candidates to work in Canada?
The employers in Canada cannot sponsor you to work in the country but can assist in helping you enter the country with an LMIA. The LMIA is a must for employers who wish to hire international candidates for work purposes.
How to acquire a Canadian Work Permit?
The process of acquiring a Canada work permit depends on the type of visa that is being applied for.
Closed Work permit applications require that the international candidate has an employment offer from a Canada-based employer with an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment). Candidates who do not need a job must thoroughly understand the documentation and the necessary obligations to enter Canada.
Closed work permits & open work permits are two different paths that can be pursued to get a Canada work permit.
Closed work permits are directly linked to specific employers, meaning the candidate must work for the same employer at the same locale unless they wish to switch their work permit.