Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
The province of Manitoba is rich in natural resources and is based on an agricultural economy. A major contributor to Canada’s economy. Manitoba province is characterized by a stable labor market.
Manitoba welcomes graduates, skilled workers, businesspeople and their families to settle in the province as permanent residents.
|What is Manitoba PNP?|
Commonly referred to as Manitoba PNP, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) nominates newcomers for permanent resident status in the prairie province.
MPNP immigration streams
 Skilled Worker Stream
For skilled workers who can meet the needs of the local labor market. There are two streams under this category:
· Skilled Workers in Manitoba
· Skilled Workers Overseas
 International Education Stream
For international students graduates in Manitoba. There are three pathways under this stream:
· Career Employment Pathway
· Graduate Internship Pathway
· International Student Entrepreneur Pilot
International students from other provinces are not eligible for this stream.
 Business Investor Stream
Under this stream, Manitoba recruits and nominates qualified business investors and entrepreneurs from around the world that intend to start or buy a business in Manitoba.
There are two pathways under this stream:
· Entrepreneur Pathway
· Farm Investor Pathway
An important aspect of each Manitoba immigration pathway, the MPNP’s in-demand occupations list provides details of in-demand occupations in the province. An applicant must belong to a specific occupation and meet the criteria and requirements for that particular pathway.
Canada offers nearly 80 different PNP routes to permanent residence in Canada.
Canadian provinces/territories and their PNPs
- Alberta: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program [AINP]
- British Columbia: British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program [BC PNP]
- Manitoba: Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program [MPNP]
- Ontario: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program [OINP]
- Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia Nominee Program [NSNP]
- New Brunswick: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program [NBPNP]
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program [NLPNP]
- Prince Edward Island: Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program [PEI PNP]
- Northwest Territories: Northwest Territories Provincial Nominee Program
- Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program [SINP]
- Yukon: Yukon Nominee Program [YNP]
MPNP Draws in 2022
Date of Draw
Total LAAs sent
EOI Draw #135
January 27, 2022
EOI Draw #134
January 13, 2022
EOI Draw #136
February 27, 2022
EOI Draw #137
February 13, 2022
EOI Draw #139
March 24, 2022
EOI Draw #141
March 10, 2022
EOI Draw #142
April 7, 2022
EOI Draw #144
April 21, 2022
Eligibility requirements for Manitoba PNP
- Be between 21 and 45 years.
- At least an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- A minimum score of 60 out of 100 in the MPNP assessment grid.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- A valid job offer in an occupation in-demand.
- A minimum score of IELTS Band 4.5.
Every year more than 15,000 immigrants choose to settle down in Manitoba and find new jobs, careers and a fulfilling lifestyle in the province.
I have been refused under an immigration program of another Canadian province. Can I still apply to Manitoba PNP?
Yes, you can apply. However, do keep in mind that you will be required to inform the MPNP if any such application has been refused in the past.
Is my Canada PR guaranteed if I get an LAA in a draw by the MPNP?
No. LAAs are issued by the MPNP to candidates with the potential to qualify. An applicant will be required to meet all requirements of Manitoba PNP stream applying to.
Similarly, they must meet all Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requirements to be granted permanent residence in Canada. The final decision lies with IRCC.
My relatives live in Canada, but not in Manitoba. Will it impact my MPNP application?
In order to be granted an MPNP nomination, an individual must be able to demonstrate their commitment to Manitoba.
While having friends/relatives in another Canadian province will not lead to automatic rejection, the applicant must be able to convince the MPNP that they will indeed live in Manitoba and not go to join their family/family in the other province.
How can I get a Work Permit Support Letter from the MPNP to apply for a Canada work permit?
A provincial nominee might be issued a Work Permit Support Letter (WPSL), allowing them to apply to IRCC for a Canadian work permit.
What is the in-demand occupations list for Manitoba PNP program?
Regularly updated, the in-demand occupations list of Manitoba PNP provides details of in-demand occupations in the province. Candidates who work in high-demand professions will be prioritized during the Expression of Interest draws.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.