Why not the UK?
- Breath-taking views
- Fascinating history
- Impressive artwork
- Pleasant dining experience
- Sporting events
UK Tourist Visa – Visit & Stay In The Uk For Up To 6 Months
If you wish to visit the UK for a vacation or intend to visit family and friends, then you can apply for the UK visit visa which is also known as the Standard Visitor Visa and is used by almost everyone to visit the UK.
The standard visitor visa has replaced the following visas to the UK
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
UK Tourist Visa Details
You can get the tourist visa to UK online after making an appointment at VFS to submit your documents. The UK tourist visa process takes around 3-4 weeks and with the visitor visa to UK, you can stay up to 6 months in the country.
You can use the standard visitor visa to UK for the following purpose:
- Visiting friends and family in the UK
- Visiting the UK for leisure and tourism
- Visiting the UK for medical reasons
- Other non-business activities
Documents required for UK visitor visa
- Personal documents including valid passport and two recent photographs
- Salary and financial details including bank statements of the past six months
- Travel itinerary and travel history that will include details of travel details in the past ten years
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel to and from the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit that will include details of your arrival and departure dates
UK visit visa requirements
The UK tourist visa requirements include applying for the visa at least three months before your intended date of travel.
One you get the visa you can stay for up to six months on this visa. You can extend your stay if you have come to the UK for private medical treatment by paying additional charges.
You can also extend your stay if you are in the country to attend an academic program.
UK visit visa fees
The UK Tourist Visa fee from 29 March 2019 is as follows:
- Short-term (Single or Multiple entries, up to 6 months) – 95 Pounds
- Long-term (Valid for a maximum of 2 years) – 361 Pounds
- Long-term (Valid for a maximum of 5 years) – 655 Pounds
- Long-term (Valid for maximum 10 years) – 822 Pounds
What are the requirements for visit visa for UK?
- Your current passport must be valid. It must be valid for at least three months after you return from your trip in the UK. It must also have at least one blank visa tab.
- You must provide proof that you have the financial resources to pay your living expenses while in the United Kingdom. This could be bank statements from the previous six months or pay slips from the same time span.
- Proof of accommodation is required. You’ll need to show a document indicating where you’ll be staying when in the UK. It’s worth noting that you don’t have to pay in full for a hotel or hostel in the United Kingdom in order to obtain a visa.
- Itinerary for your trip. Submit a travel schedule that includes all of the details about how and what you want to do in the United Kingdom.
- Tuberculosis Test Results. In order to qualify for a UK visa, nationals of a number of countries will need to send results of a Tuberculosis Test.
- Biometric information. You must send your biometric details if you are applying for a visa that allows you to remain in the UK for more than 6 months.
- Invitation letter for a visa to the United Kingdom (If applicable). If you’re going to stay with a friend or family member, you’ll need a letter of invitation from your host who must be a British citizen or a legal resident of the UK.
- Receipt of visa fees. You must send the receipt confirming that you have paid the visa fee in full.
How many months of bank statement is required for UK visit visa?
You must submit your bank statements for the last six months or pay slips for the same period.
How can I apply for UK visit visa?
- Check to see whether you qualify for a tourist visa.
- Fill out the online questionnaire.
- Gather the required papers.
- Make an appointment
- Attend the interview.
What are the documents required for UK Tourist Visa?
Two recent passport size photos
Your valid passport with at least one blank tab.
Proof of financial ability to pay living expenses while in the United Kingdom.
Details about your stay in the United Kingdom.
Itinerary for your trip.
Information about past travels.
Details about your residence in your home country.
Contact details of your current employer.
What are the visit visa requirements for the UK from Dubai?
- Original Passport
- UAE Residence Visa (Valid for 3 months the date of return)
- Emirates Identity card
- Company No Objection Certification Letter (NOC)
- Bank Statements of past 6 months
- Marriage certificate
- Evidence of assets like property or land
- TB certificate
- Confirmed hotel booking
- Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets with confirmed return flight ticket
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.