Migrate to Singapore
Singapore is one of the best places in the world to live, work, and stay with your family. Singapore has always been at the top of the list of international migration destinations for those looking to start a new life in another country.
Singapore has always had a welcoming attitude for immigrants. Every year, the number of immigrants in this country increases. Immigrants make up a significant portion of the population here.
A strong economy, low cost of living, and high quality of life are all reasons to relocate to Singapore.
Y-Axis Dubai offers a wide range of consulting services to help you apply for various types of migration pathways to Singapore.
Immigration process to Singapore
Migrating for work
Qualified professionals can choose from 3 types of pathways to migrate to Singapore for work.
Employment pass (EP):
If you’re a professional, first get a job in Singapore. Then your employer can apply for an EP on your behalf. You can get the EP or S Pass, depending on your experience and qualifications.
You must receive at least a fixed monthly salary of 3,900 Singapore dollars and have strong credentials to apply for the EP.
Personalized Employment Pass (PEP):
The PEP is independent from any employer, allowing you to pursue opportunities in Singapore without affecting the validity of the pass. Once you hold a PEP, you can stay in Singapore for up to 6 months, in between jobs to pursue a new job opportunity. The PEP is valid only for 3 years and is non-renewable.
This is for mid-level skilled staff. Candidates need to earn at least 2,200 Singapore Dollars a month and meet the assessment criteria.
Eligibility requirement for work permit
To apply, you
- must have a valid passport
- must be at least 18 years of age
- may work within the scope of work specified by the authorities in the work permits given
Once the application has been submitted, the processing time is usually 3 weeks for online applications and 8 weeks for manual applications.
Permit for Dependents
Individuals who immigrate to Singapore on a work permit can bring their dependents to Singapore on a work permit.
This must be applied for by the organization that funded the EP, PEP, or S Pass for the person who wishes to bring his or her dependents. It’s valid for up to 2 years, depending on the validity of the EP, PEP, or S Pass.
Eligibility requirements for dependent pass
- The person who’s sponsoring must have a salary of at least 4,000 Singapore Dollars per month.
- Applicant must be legally married to the spouse.
- Children below the age of 21 are considered as dependents.
There are 3 ways by which individuals can gain permanent residency in Singapore:
- Professional, Technical Personnel, and Skilled Workers scheme (PTS scheme)
- Global Investor Program scheme (GIP Scheme)
- Foreign Artistic Talent scheme (ForArts)
The following groups of foreigners are qualified to apply for permanent residency in Singapore under the PTS and GIP Schemes:
- Spouse and unmarried children of permanent residents or citizens of Singapore
- A Singapore citizen’s aged parents
- Immigrants on an employment pass or S pass
- Investors or entrepreneurs under the GIP scheme
Eligibility criteria under the Foreign Artistic Talent scheme (ForArts)
- Professional experience and related training/education in their area of practice
- Exceptional accomplishments in the fields of the performing arts, creative arts, literary arts, architecture, and/or media
- Important contributions to the arts and culture scene in Singapore
- A clear track record of local engagements at leadership level
- Concrete plans to participate in Singapore’s arts and cultural sector in the future
Permanent residents in Singapore have access to public housing, high-quality schooling, and heavily subsidized healthcare facilities and won’t be subject to any restrictions with regards to their permits.
What’s the validity of the dependent pass?
Dependent Passes are valid as long as the primary owner of the permit to work in Singapore is employed in the country. Holders of a DP pass are not required to apply for separate permit to enter Singapore. They can live, enter, and leave the country without restrictions.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.