FINLAND SHORT STAY-BUSINESS VISA
If you intend to visit Finland for business-related activities, you need to apply for a short-stay visa. It lets you stay in Finland for 90 days. If you plan to stay in Finland for above 90 days, you would need a residence permit.
The visa for short-stay is also known as the Schengen visa. This visa applies to all the European countries that have signed the Schengen agreement. It is applicable to all the other 26 countries of the Schengen region. Finland is part of the Schengen agreement. With the Schengen visa, you are permitted to travel and stay in Finland.
In the application for your visa, you need to include the documents listed below:
- The complete application form for the visa
- Colored passport sized photographs
- Passport with a minimum of three months validity from the last day of your stay in the US
- The passport should have been issued in the last ten years
- Proof of travel insurance valid for the travel tenure in the Schengen region
- The policy for travel insurance that covers medical emergencies
- Supporting documents like confirmation of lodging, photocopies of travel tickets, and a private invitation letter along with an official invitation.
- The official invitation letter should mention detailed contact information and the details, purpose, and duration of the visit of the person invited.
- The applicant needs to submit proof of having sufficient funds to cover their expenses while staying in the country.
WHERE TO APPLY
You should apply for the visa at the consulate or embassy of Finland.
VALIDITY of the visa
The type of visa the immigration officials of Canada have issued you decides how long you will be staying in Finland. The Finnish business visa is valid only for a specific time. The validity lasts for 90 days over a six-month time. The different types of visas are:
- Visa for Single-entry: It permits you to enter Finland once and stay for 90 days. You can plan to break down the 90 days in any Schengen country.
- Visa for Double-entry: You can visit and leave Finland twice.
- Visa for Multiple-entry: This visa has a validity of 90 days and lets you visit Finland multiple times.
TIME FOR PROCESSING
The factors given below affect the processing time of your visa application:
- Your nationality and circumstances determine the processing time
- The volume of applications submitted at the Finnish consulate or embassy
- The political situation in Finland
It could take 15 to 45 working days depending on the circumstances.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
· Evaluating the documents needed for your visa application
· Guide you on the funds that need to be displayed to the visa officials
· Counsel you to complete the process of application
Where is the Schengen business visa by Finland valid?
The Schengen Visa granted by any of the consulate or embassy of the Schengen countries is valid for all the countries part of the agreement. Finland has portions of its land in the European territory. If the visa does not mention otherwise, you can visit or stay in the area of Finland, which is in Europe. It does not require another visa. You need to have all the required documents.
Is it true that the day you arrive counts as one of your visa's duration?
The arrival and departure dates are included in the visa’s duration in Finland. If an individual enters Finland through a different Schengen country, their stay in Finland is counted from the day they arrive.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.