Finland short stay-Business visa
If you’re going to Finland for business, you’ll need to apply for a short-term visa or the Finland Business Visa, which allows you to stay for up to 90 days. A residence permit is required for stays of more than 90 days.
The Schengen visa is another name for a short-stay visa. The Schengen visa is valid in all European countries that have signed the Schengen agreement. Finland is a signatory to the Schengen Agreement.
Your visa application should include the following documents:
- Completed visa application form
- Color photograph
- A valid passport with a validity of at least three months after the end of your stay period in the country
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- Proof of having travel insurance that must be valid during the tenure of your visa and in the Schengen area.
- The value of the policy must be at least 30,000 Euros and must cover expenses of sudden illness, accident and repatriation in case of death
- Supporting documents that can include copies of tickets, a confirmation of hotel reservation, a private invitation letter and an official invitation.
- The invitation letter in the case of a business visit will have the organization’s contact details and the invited person’s details including the purpose and length of visit.
- Applicant must provide proof of having enough funds to support his stay in the country
The Finland business visa is only valid for a limited period of time. As a result, it is only valid for 90 days in a six-month period. The length of time you will stay in Finland is determined by the type of visa you have been granted by Finnish authorities:
Single-entry visa: You can only visit Finland once, stay for up to 90 days, and then leave. You have the option of spending some of your 90 days in another Schengen nation.
Double- entry visa: You can enter and exit Finland twice.
Multiple-entry visa: You can visit Finland as many times as you like within the 90 days validity of the visa.
The visa type you will receive is determined by the intent of your visit and the decision of the Finnish authorities.
The processing time is determined by the following factors:
- Your situation, as well as your nationality.
- The workload at the Finnish embassy. It will take longer if you apply during peak visiting seasons.
- The political situation.
The average processing time is 15 days. However, it could take up to 30 or even 45 days, depending on the factors mentioned above.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.