Hungary visit visa
If you want to visit Hungary, you’ll need a short-term visa that’s valid for 90 days. The Schengen visa is another name for this short-term visa. The Schengen visa is valid in all European countries that are part of the Schengen agreement, as you may know. The Schengen Agreement includes Hungary as one of the nations.
You can fly to any of the Schengen countries with a Schengen visa including Hungary.
Application process for Hungary visit visa
Check which type of visa you need before filling out your visa application form. Gather all of the documentation you’ll need to submit your application. Make an appointment at a visa application center, embassy, or consulate. Bring all of the paperwork you’ll need to your appointment. Wait for your application to be processed and keep track of it online.
Documents required to apply for Hungary tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- Passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Hungary
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Proof of income tax returns
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- An approved and signed letter from a local town hall or any other competent government.
What is the processing time for visit visa for Hungary?
Generally, once an application for Schengen visa is submitted to the Consulate, a decision is taken within 15 calendar days. This might be extended to 30 or 60 days in certain cases.
The processing period can be extended to 30 days because of the number of applications received by the embassy/consulate or the uniqueness of your situation.
It can take up to 45 days for exceptional applications to be processed by the embassy/consulate.
However, you can apply for the visa six months before your date if travel.
How long can I stay in Hungary on visit visa?
You can stay in Hungary for not more than 90 days in a 180-day period.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.