Germany Employment Visa

Germany is a popular destination for jobseekers across the world. The reasons include a fast-growing economy, job opportunities in various sectors, and competitive salaries.

Germany is looking for skilled workers in several sectors; the government offers various work visa options for international workers.

Work visa for non-EU residents

Non- EU residents must apply for a work visa and a residence permit before travelling to Germany. They must approach the German embassy or consulate in their country.  Their application must include the following:

  • Job offer letter from the firm in Germany
  • Valid passport
  • Annexure for an employment permit
  • Certificates of academic qualification
  • Certificates of work experience
  • Approval letter from the Federal Employment Agency
EU Blue card

Individuals are eligible for the EU Blue card if they have a graduate or undergraduate degree from a recognized university and a job with an annual gross salary of 52,000 Euros (as of 2018) in Germany before moving there.

Individuals who have graduated from a German university or are a highly skilled professional in the field of either mathematics, IT, life sciences or engineering or are a medical professional are also eligible. The conditions are you must earn a salary comparable to German workers.

Privileges of EU Blue Card:

  • Allowed to stay in Germany for four years
  • Eligible for permanent residency after two or three years
  • Spouse and children are eligible to come with you
  • Family members eligible for work permit
How can Y-Axis help you?
  • Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
  • Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
  • Complete the application process
  • Review your documents needed for the visa application
What is the Germany Job Seeker Visa?

The Germany Job Seeker Visa is a long-term visa entitling the visa holder to stay in Germany for a maximum of 6 months while searching for a job from within Germany.

What is the step-wise process to apply for Germany Job Seeker Visa?

STEP 1: Complete the Germany Job Seeker Visa application form.

STEP 2: Make a visa appointment.

STEP 3: Get your documentation in order.

STEP 4: Attend the visa interview.

STEP 5: Pay visa fees.

Can the Germany Job Seeker Visa be extended beyond 6 months?

No. If you do not find a job in the allotted 6 months, you will have to return to your home country.

If I find a job on my Job Seeker Visa, do I have to return to my home country to apply for Germany residence permit or German work visa?

If you find a job within 6 months, you can apply for a Residence permit or work visa in Germany. There is no requirement to return home and apply for the same.

What is the EU Blue Card?

The EU Blue Card – Blaue Karte EU – is a residence title for non-EU academics that wish to work in an EU Member State. For an EU Blue Card, applicants must have a university degree along with a work contract meeting the requirement for minimum gross salary.

Can I work in Germany on my Job Seeker Visa?

You can work on trial for a maximum of 10 hours a week during your stay in Germany on the Job Seeker Visa. This will be considered as a part of your application process for the job in Germany.

Quick Eligibility Check for Points Tested Immigration Visa

Get Latest Immigration Updates

Visa Resources

  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.