Germany Employment Visa
Germany is a popular destination for jobseekers across the world. The reasons include a fast-growing economy, job opportunities in various sectors, and competitive salaries.
Germany is looking for skilled workers in several sectors; the government offers various work permit options for international workers.
Work visa for non-EU residents
Non-EU residents must apply for a permit to work in Germany. They will need a residence permit before travelling to Germany. They must approach the German embassy or consulate in their country. Their application must include the following:
- Job offer letter from the firm in Germany
- Valid passport
- Annexure for an employment permit
- Certificates of academic qualification
- Certificates of work experience
- Approval letter from the Federal Employment Agency
EU Blue card
Individuals are eligible for the EU Blue Card if they have a graduate or undergraduate degree from a recognized university and a job with an annual gross salary of €56,000 (as of 2021) in Germany before moving there.
Any of the following individuals are eligible for an EU Blue Card:
- Those who have graduated from a German university
- Those who are highly skilled professionals in the field of either mathematics, IT, life sciences, or engineering
- Those who are medical professionals
It’s necessary that these eligible individuals earn a salary comparable to German workers.
Privileges of EU Blue Card:
- You are allowed to stay in Germany for 4 years
- You are eligible for permanent residency after 2 or 3 years
- Your spouse and children are eligible to come with you
- Your family members are eligible for work permit
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on producing records of information as required
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the permit need to be shown
- Assist you in completing the application process
- Review your records of information needed along with the permit application
What is the EU Blue Card?
The EU Blue Card – Blaue Karte EU – is a residence title for non-EU academics that wish to work in an EU Member State. For an EU Blue Card, applicants must have a university degree along with a work contract meeting the requirement for minimum gross salary.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.