Study in USA – Pursue Your Higher Education In An American University
The US has the world’s largest international student population with more than 5% of students in universities being international students. International students choose the United States to broaden their experience and continue their education. The country has one of the world’s best education systems with courses in almost every subject.
Reasons to study in the USA?
- Diversity and flexibility of courses
- Excellent support system for students from overseas
- Safe and healthy student communities
- International students can often work when studying & do internships
- Exciting campus lifestyle
Cost of studying in the USA
The US Universities fall under two major categories: public-funded and private institutions. International students’ tuition expenses at state schools are based on nonresident costs, which are still usually less expensive than those of private universities. You will need approximately $10,000 to $55,000 annually to cover your tuition fees.
|Study Program||Approximate tuition fees in USD$|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree||$15,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Graduate programs||$20,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Doctoral Degree||$20,000 to $45,000 per year|
USA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS (F1 VISA)
- Passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your period of stay
- Recent passport size photograph
- Confirmation page of DS-160
- Form I -20
- Payment of application fees for SEVIS
Your University will let you know about additional requirements before you submit your application.
How will Y-Axis help you?:
We at Y-Axis will help you not only in the visa application process, our services package includes counseling, course selection, documentation, coaching & student visa application.
How much can I earn while studying in the USA?
Overseas students in the US can earn a maximum of $20 hourly. But they can work for a maximum of 20 hours weekly. The earnings will differ based on the College and job. You can earn maximum money by working as an RA/TA.
What are the requirements for USA Student Visa?
The US Student Visa requires submission of mandatory documents as well as supporting documents of academic and financial records. The following documents will be required:
- A Passport that has a validity of minimum 6 months after your stay in the US
- Print out of the online application form DS -160
- Original and copy of the appointment letter for the interview
- Form I – 20 sent by the US University/College where you will study
- A confirmation receipt for payment of Visa fees
- Bank statement for a minimum of 3 years that show adequate funds for paying for the first year (can be of parent/guardian)
- Original Marks sheet or Provisional certificates
- Score sheet of exams like IELTS, GMAT, TOEFL, etc
What is the minimum IELTS score required to study in the USA?
US Universities/Colleges expect a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 bands and the higher the score the better. Majority of them will accept the application for admission with at least 6.5 scores.
Can you work on a Student Visa USA?
Yes, overseas students can work in the US while studying with some restrictions. Those who are on the M-1 and F-1 Visa are permitted to work in specified training programs on-campus. They are not permitted to work outside the campus in the first year of study.
How much does it cost to study in the USA for an Dubai?
How can I convert my B2 Visa to F1 Visa and what are the process and the cost?
The conversion to F-1 Visa from B-2Visa can be attempted only from within the US. Overseas applicants outside the US must file an application for F-1 Visa.