Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
The province of Alberta has over the years become a popular destination for immigrants to settle in Canada under the Provincial Nominee program (PNP) Recent surveys indicate that Alberta has surpassed British Columbia as the second most popular destination after Ontario for immigrants to settle down in Canada.
The province offers several job opportunities owing to its impressive economic growth in recent years. The Alberta PNP is known as the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This is an economic immigration program which nominates immigration candidates for permanent residence in Canada.
The nominees must have the skills and abilities to fill the job shortage in the province. Individuals nominated under the program can apply for a PR visa together with their spouse and dependent children.
The applications for the Alberta PNP is managed by the IRCC. The final decisions on the PR visa is taken by the federal government.
Canada offers nearly 80 different PNP programs, some of the popular PNP programs include:
2.New Brunswick PNP
5.Prince Edward Island PNP
Eligibility requirements for the AINP
- Applicants should have a job offer for full-time and/or permanent employment from an Alberta employer.
- They must have the basic work experience required by the employer to qualify for immigration nomination
- They should have the minimum scores in the language proficiency tests to qualify for a nomination
- They should show an intention to live and work in Alberta
- Applicants should have a legitimate work permit and other associated documents
- They should identify their occupation under any of the NOC categories _ O, A and B
- Applicants must submit proof of legal residence in their home country
- Applicants should have a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirmation letter
Steps to apply
Step 1. Read the AINP terms and conditions
Step 2. Review the AINP selection criteria
Step 3. Review the language testing requirements
Step 4. Download the Document Checklist and complete the required forms
Step 5. Mail the application
After you apply
- Ensure you receive your notification of application
- Keep your application information up to date
- Application assessment will be done
- Receive a decision on application
Y-Axis Can Help You With
- Qualification / Education Assessment
- Customized Document Checklist and critical document templates
- Guidance on key documentation requirements
- Filing of an online application form to create a profile for Invitation
What criteria can boost your chances of receiving an Alberta PNP (provincial nominee program) Notification of Interest (NOI)?
The following criteria can boost your chances of receiving an Alberta PNP (provincial nominee program) Notification of Interest (NOI):
· Offer of employment
· Alberta-based siblings or relatives
· Previous work experience in Alberta
· Completion of a post-secondary education program from Alberta
What are the details of Albert’s Express Entry linked stream?
Alberta’s Express Entry system is identical to the federal system. Candidates must have an active Express Entry profile in one of the following programs: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), or Federal Skilled Trades (FST).
Alberta can nominate a limited number of qualifying candidates under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Candidates who have established significant ties to Alberta or who can help the government achieve its economic development and diversification goals may be requested to apply.
Under this scheme, international graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions can apply.
What is the application procedure to the Express Entry linked stream?
The Alberta Express Entry program is only open to those who have been invited. Candidates that match the minimal eligibility requirements must construct an Express Entry profile in order to apply to the stream. They must next wait for the province of Alberta to issue a Notification of Interest (NOI).
It is important to note that simply completing the minimum eligibility standards does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited by Alberta. Alberta examines Express Entry profiles and approaches only those people who it thinks would be suitable for nomination. Only candidates who have been approached by Alberta are eligible to apply for provincial nomination through the AINP.
What are the details of the Alberta Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream (FGSVS)?
In order to help the province of Alberta revive its economy and recover from the loss of jobs and businesses due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) announced two programs in October 2020.
The first program called the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream opened in October itself while the details of the second program the Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream (FGSVS) was released recently.
The FGSVS is an economic immigration program intended for foreign educated graduates who are from outside Canada but wish to set up a startup or business in Alberta.
The Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream (FGSVS) is a partnership between the AINP and two agencies designated by the provincial government- Vancouver-based Empowered Startups and Calgary’s Platform Calgary.
These two agencies will review the business plans of the foreign graduate applicants based on the following criteria:
· The plan should be able to demonstrate a market need or demand
· The business should have the potential to be successful in the market from short-term to medium-term
· The plan should have details of customer acquisition and business development
· The plan should have details of key partnerships and financial plans that will help to fund the development and operation of the start-up.
After finishing the assessment, the designated agency will submit a written report. The applicants have to submit this report along with their application to the program.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.