Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Alberta is a popular destination for immigrants to settle in Canada under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Recent surveys indicate that Alberta has surpassed British Columbia as the second-most popular destination, after Ontario, for immigrants to settle down in Canada.
Alberta offers several job opportunities owing to its impressive economic growth in recent years.
Alberta PNP is officially known as the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP), an economic immigration program that nominates immigration candidates for permanent residence in Canada that wish to settle in Alberta.
Nominees must have the skills and abilities to fill the job shortage in the Alberta labour market. Individuals nominated under the program can apply for Canadian permanent residence together with their spouse and dependent children.
How can I get permanent residence through Canadian PNP?
Permanent residence in Canada can be acquired through the Canadian PNP route involving a two-step process.
Securing a nomination – under any of the Express Entry linked PNP streams – is the first part of the process.
If successful in securing a nomination, the Nomination Certificate can then be used for applying for permanent residence through the federal department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
10 provinces and three territories together make up Canada between themselves. Of these, nine provinces and two territories are a part of Canadian PNP.
Quebec is not a part of the PNP of Canada and has its own immigration programs. Nunavut territory, on the other hand, has no immigration program as such.
|Canadian provinces/territories and their PNPs|
· Alberta: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program [AINP]
· British Columbia: British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program [BC PNP]
· Manitoba: Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program [MPNP]
· Ontario: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program [OINP]
· Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia Nominee Program [NSNP]
· New Brunswick: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program [NBPNP]
· Newfoundland and Labrador: Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program [NLPNP]
· Prince Edward Island: Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program [PEI PNP]
· Northwest Territories: Northwest Territories Provincial Nominee Program
· Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program [SINP]
· Yukon: Yukon Nominee Program [YNP]
|AINP draws in 2022
Total Invitations: 2200
|Sno||Invitation Dates||Number of Invitations issued||
CRS score of lowest ranked candidate
|1||June 16, 2022||150||306|
|2||May 19, 2022||100||382|
|3||April 14, 2022||250||356|
|4||March 22, 2022||350||325|
|5||March 08, 2022||350||318|
|6||February 01, 2022||400||CRS 340|
|7||January 18, 2022||350||CRS 346|
|7||January 5, 2022||250||CRS 327|
Eligibility requirements for the AINP
- Job offer for full-time and/or permanent employment from an Alberta employer.
- Basic work experience required by the employer to qualify for immigration nomination.
- Minimum scores in the language proficiency tests to qualify for a nomination.
- An intention to live and work in Alberta.
- A legitimate Canada work permit
- Occupation under either Skill Type 0 (zero): Management jobs, Skill Level A: Professional jobs, and Skill Level B: Technical jobs. All of the jobs available in the Canadian labour market have a unique 4-digit code as per the National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix.
- Proof of legal residence in home country.
- A Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirmation letter.
What criteria can boost your chances of receiving an AINP Notification of Interest (NOI)?
The following criteria can boost your chances of receiving an Alberta PNP (provincial nominee program) Notification of Interest (NOI):
- Offer of employment,
- Alberta-based siblings or relatives,
- Previous work experience in Alberta, or
- Completion of a post-secondary education program from Alberta.
What is Alberta Express Entry Stream?
Alberta’s Express Entry Stream is linked to the federal Express Entry system.
Candidates must have an active Express Entry profile to be eligible, and must meet the eligibility requirements of any one of the Express Entry programs: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), or Federal Skilled Trades (FST).
Alberta can nominate a limited number of qualifying candidates under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Candidates who have established significant ties to Alberta or who can help the government achieve its economic development and diversification goals may be invited to apply for an AINP nomination.
How to apply for AINP Express Entry Stream?
The Alberta Express Entry Stream is linked with the federal Express Entry system. Under the stream selections, the AINP examines Express Entry profiles, inviting those with the most potential to succeed in Alberta.
To be considered by the AINP for a nomination, that Express Entry candidate must have expressed an interest in settling within Alberta after being granted permanent residence in Canada.
How many Alberta PNP streams are available for skilled workers?
There are two Alberta PNP pathways for foreign workers that –
- Are already living and working in Alberta, or
- Plan on living and working in Alberta.
Streams available: Alberta Opportunity Stream, and Alberta Express Entry Stream.
What is the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream?
An Alberta immigration pathway for international graduates – from any of the approved post-secondary institutions in Alberta – that intend to either buy or start a business in Alberta.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.