Why work in Germany?
- Working hours range between 35 to 40 hours per week
- Average salary ranges between €45,000 and €55,000
- 30 to 45 days’ vacation
- Easy to obtain work permit
JOB SEEKING IN GERMANY
With a permit to seek jobs in Germany, you can come to the country and look for the best employment opportunity here. On this permit you can stay in Germany for 6 months and look for a job. However, you cannot work while you are in Germany on this permit which is meant for you to only look for a job.
If you do secure a job in Germany by the end of the 6-month validity of your jobseeker permit, you will be given German work permit that will enable you to continue living and working in the country. If, on the other hand, you do not have a valid job offer by the end of your allotted duration of stay, you will be required to exit the country.
FEATURES OF GERMAN JOB SEEKER VISA:
- You need not have a job offer from a German company to apply for the jobseeker permit.
- If you find a job in the 6 months you are in Germany on this permit, you can later change it to a work permit.
- When you are looking for work with the jobseeker permit, you are not allowed to work either on a self-employed basis or otherwise.
- You are not allowed to work even if you find a job. You can do so only after you join the job and have a work permit.
- If you do not find a job within the 6 months, you will have to leave Germany immediately.
ADVANTAGES OF GERMAN JOB SEEKER VISA
- You will get 6 months to search for a job in Germany.
- This gives you ample time to find a job that fits your skills and qualifications.
- You get the provision to apply for an EU Blue Card once you secure a job.
- After 5 years of staying in Germany with a work permit, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residency.
- To apply for this permit, you must have proof of your educational qualifications by furnishing your university degree and the proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
BENEFITS OF JOBS IN GERMANY
Germany has a fast-growing economy. There are numerous job opportunities in the IT, engineering, and manufacturing sectors. The country offers competitive wages and salaries in comparison to other countries. The German government is making consistent efforts to include foreigners in the workforce.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A GERMANY JOB SEEKER VISA 2022?
Professionals with the required skills and qualifications can relocate to Germany with the jobseeker permit to hunt for work and engage in face-to-face interviews with potential employers.
If you want to work in Germany and have the required years of professional work experience and a qualification that matches Germany’s requirements, you can apply for such a permit to search for jobs in Germany.
Top occupation in demand in Germany
- IT and Software
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resources Management
- Sales & Marketing
To be eligible you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a university in Germany or an equivalent overseas degree. (This clause has been modified after changes to German immigration laws in 2020)
- Possess at least a year’s experience in your field of study
- Be able to supply adequate proof of funds covering your stay during the time period that you would be in Germany
- Have insurance (travel or medical) that covers your stay in Germany, or at least covers you till the time that you get your Work Permit if you succeed in getting a job
- Have proof that you have completed 15 years of regular education
- A B1 or B2 level in German, though not mandatory, that will help you in your job search
- Proof that you have arranged your accommodation for 6 months
Step 1: Gather all the required information and submit the required list of records along with your application.
Step 2: Get an appointment from the embassy. Schedule an appointment from the embassy 1 month before the date you intend to apply for the permit and submit your application form.
Step 3: Submit the online application. Fill the online application form from Germany immigration and submit it.
Step 4: Attend the scheduled interview at the embassy or consulate.
Step 5: Pay the required fees.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP?
With our vast experience in overseas careers and immigration, Y-Axis can help you get the opportunity to seek a job in Germany. Our services include:
- Providing checklist for records of information to be submitted with the application for permit
- Guidance and assistance throughout the application process as per Germany immigration guidelines
- Updates and follow up
- Job search services for finding work in Germany
Is Germany accepting a job seeker visa?
Yes, Germany is accepting job seeker visa in 2022. Because the country is in dire need of skilled professionals to fill its job market demands. Currently, Germany has 1.8 million job vacancies for skilled professionals.
To acquire a German job seeker visa, you must:
- Must meet the eligibility criteria
- Keep the necessary documents ready
- Fill out the application form and book a slot for a visa appointment
Eligibility criteria for applicants
It is always safer to check all the eligibility requirements, as it takes you a step forward in acquiring a job seeker visa.
- Must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from a German university or even a foreign degree
- Have at least 5 years of work experience in your stream of study
- Proof of finances that will help you sustain your stay in Germany
- Have medical and travel insurance
How much bank balance is required for a German job seeker visa?
For Germany Job Seeker visa, you need to show the proof of funds to cover the expenses for six months of your stay. You need to show 4,500 EUR in your bank account as proof of funds. Or else, you must have a job in Germany with monthly earnings of 720 EUR.
These proof of funds can be shown, by opening a blocked bank account while applying for a visa.
What are the new rules for a German job seeker visa?
The government of Germany has launched a job seeker visa in 2012, inviting talent from all across the world. Individuals who are looking for a job in Germany can stay for over six months until they find a job.
The new rules were applied in the areas of eligibility criteria and work permits mentioned below:
The new immigration rules in German law state that skilled workers from foreign countries can apply for Job Seeker Visa who must have either:
- Qualification with a minimum of two years of vocational training
- Higher-level educational degree
- You can choose an occupation that is similar to your profession, without any work experience
- You are eligible to work for jobs that do not require a high educational degree necessarily
- Can work in the professions related to your field of study, which requires non-academic and vocational qualifications.
How can you seek job in Germany?
You can obtain a permit for the purpose of staying in Germany and looking for a job. Such a permit to stay in Germany is valid for a maximum of 6 months.
What is the step-wise process to apply for a permit to seek job in Germany?
STEP 1: Complete the application form for the permit.
STEP 2: Make an appointment for interview before you are granted the permit.
STEP 3: Get your records of information in order.
STEP 4: Attend the interview.
STEP 5: Pay the fees.
Can the permit for job seeking in Germany be extended beyond 6 months?
No. If you don’t find a job in the allotted 6 months, you will have to return to your home country.
What salaries can the immigrants expect in Germany?
People will get a high salary in Germany. Below table gives you the average salaries based on the occupation:
Euros per year
Waiter (tips not included)
What are the working hours in Germany?
Employees in Germany can easily maintain a good work life balance because they have to work 38 hours per week. Employees will usually have a weekend for Saturdays and Sundays. The number of working hours will also depends on the job role they are offered. People are also allowed for the flexible working schedule.
Which countries can migrate to Germany without a visa?
Candidates belonging to the following countries can migrate to Germany without a visa and stay for three months:
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- The USA
If the candidates of these countries want to work in Germany, they have to apply for a residence permit. Whereas candidates belonging to other countries need to apply for a work visa to work in Germany.
What is EU Blue Card?
People belonging to the third-world countries need to get the EU Blue Card to reside and work in Germany. The card has been introduced for the highly-qualified foreign candidates to grab jobs in Germany and help in the reduction of the skill shortage.
Do I need to give my IELTS to apply for a jobseeker permit for Germany?
No. However, the English language requirements are dependent on the type of job you are applying for. If the job is for a position that involves travelling around the world, then a certain level of English proficiency is required.
Working for a multinational company in Germany or a German multinational will require a certain level of proficiency. The right educational qualification, work experience and a basic knowledge of German will improve your prospects of finding a job here.
In such cases, it would be no harm to get an IELTS certification which is a validation of your English proficiency. An IELTS certification will give you an edge over other applicants for the job.
If I find a job on my permit, do I have to return to my home country to apply for Germany residence/work permit?
If you find a job within 6 months, you can apply for a German residence/work permit. There’s no need to return home and apply for the same.
Is the knowledge of German language important to work in Germany?
A minimum level of proficiency in German with a B2 or C1 level will improve your chances of finding a job here. You will have an edge over other job seekers who have no knowledge of the language.
If I get my visa through a German consulate, will I have the option to travel to other EU countries through this visa?
Yes! You will have the opportunity to travel to other EU countries through this visa. This visa comes under the Schengen agreement and you will be able to visit the countries on the Schengen list which are:
Who is eligible to apply for a Germany job seeker visa?
The eligibility criteria that candidates need to follow to apply for a job seeker visa are as follows:
- The applicants should have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree from a German university or from a university which is equivalent to a German university.
- The applicants need to have the work experience of minimum five years. The experience should be related to the labour market of German.
- The candidates need to provide a proof that they have required funds to stay in Germany for six months.
The candidates should also have a travel or medical insurance for the time they have to stay in Germany.
What is the next step that I need to take after getting a job through my job seeker visa?
After you get a job through your job seeker visa, you have to apply for an employment resident permit. There are two ways to send the application:
EU Blue Card
The candidates need to apply for an EU Blue Card to live and work in Germany. Your employment offer should provide you a salary of €44,800 per annum. You will also get the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Germany after 33 months. If you have got the skills of the German language, you can apply for the permanent residence in Germany after 21 months.
Employment Residence Permit
This is a permit in which your employer will sponsor and after five years, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Germany.
What is the fee of a Germany job seeker visa?
The fee to apply for a job seeker visa is €75. The fee of the visa can change at any time. The candidates must make a note of it that if their job application is rejected, the fee will not be refunded.
Do I have the option of extending my Germany job seeker visa?
You will not have any option to extend the Germany job seeker visa. The validity of a Germany job seeker visa is six months. If you are unable to find a job within this period, you need to return to your country.
Do I have the option to work with a job seeker visa after I get a job?
No! You do not have the option to work with a job seeker visa after you get an employment. You need to apply for an employment residence permit or an EU Blue Card to live and work in Germany.
What are the requirements for a job seeker visa?
The requirements for a job seeker visa are as follows:
- A valid passport whose validity should remain for 12 months when the candidates return back
- Requirements should be available to support the data of the passport
- Three passport-size photographs
- Proof of education and training through certificates and degrees
- Work experience requirements
- Accommodation proof
- Detailed CV
Which city in Germany is the cheapest?
Germany is an affordable country for foreigners as well as German citizens. The expenses depend on the place that you will choose to live. If you are a student or a skilled worker, you have to know which city will be better for you in terms of expenses. Here are some of the cities where you can study or do your job.
Living in Bielefeld is affordable Rent prices are low in the city as you have to pay only €640 per month for an apartment having one bedroom. The restaurants available in the city provide food at affordable price. The cost of food for one person is €10.
Another affordable city in Germany is Frankfurt. The rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city is €460 per month. The average cost to pay the bills is €410. If electricity and water usage are reduced, the cost can go up to €225. Restaurants in the city provide food at an affordable cost. The cost of a meal for a single person is €8.
In which German city can I find more job opportunities?
Germany is considered as one of the best countries where people can work. There are many cities in Germany where you can work and settle. Here are some of the cities where there are more number of job opportunities available.
Berlin is the capital city of Germany and has a large population of immigrants. There are many start-ups in Germany where you can find work easily. Companies like Volkswagen, SAP, and Pfizer also provide job opportunities. Science and technology are the main industries in which you can get jobs easily. You can also apply for an artist visa to get a job in the creative field.
There are many financial bodies in Frankfurt which provide jobs to foreigners. Frankfurt also has one of the busiest airports which provides a lot of job opportunities. It is so because it is the biggest employer. The unemployment rate in the city is low in the city, which is below 5 percent.
What is considered a good salary in Germany?
The good gross salary in Germany is €60,000 per annum as it is above the average salary of €47,700. Germans who earn €60,000 consider themselves happy. The salary depends on the size of the family along with expenses on diet, transportation, entertainment, and apartment location. The average gross salary in Germany in 2022 is 51,010 for a single person.
Do I have to pay a high tax in Germany?
If you are working in Germany, many taxes will be deducted from your gross salary. You will get your payslip in which all the deductions will be mentioned. The most important tax for the employees is the income tax. Your income tax will be deducted as wage tax by your employer. It is a good idea to keep all the requirements related to tax in a safe place. The amount of income tax will depend on the amount of the gross salary that you are earning.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.