Why work in Germany?
- Working hours range between 35 to 40 hours per week
- Average salary ranges between €45,000 and €55,000
- 30 to 45 days’ vacation
- Easy to obtain work permit
JOB SEEKING IN GERMANY
With a permit to seek jobs in Germany, you can come to the country and look for the best employment opportunity here. On this permit you can stay in Germany for 6 months and look for a job. However, you cannot work while you are in Germany on this permit which is meant for you to only look for a job.
If you do secure a job in Germany by the end of the 6-month validity of your jobseeker permit, you will be given German work permit that will enable you to continue living and working in the country. If, on the other hand, you do not have a valid job offer by the end of your allotted duration of stay, you will be required to exit the country.
FEATURES OF GERMAN JOB SEEKER VISA:
- You need not have a job offer from a German company to apply for the jobseeker permit.
- If you find a job in the 6 months you are in Germany on this permit, you can later change it to a work permit.
- When you are looking for work with the jobseeker permit, you are not allowed to work either on a self-employed basis or otherwise.
- You are not allowed to work even if you find a job. You can do so only after you join the job and have a work permit.
- If you do not find a job within the 6 months, you will have to leave Germany immediately.
ADVANTAGES OF GERMAN JOB SEEKER VISA
- You will get 6 months to search for a job in Germany.
- This gives you ample time to find a job that fits your skills and qualifications.
- You get the provision to apply for an EU Blue Card once you secure a job.
- After 5 years of staying in Germany with a work permit, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residency.
- To apply for this permit, you must have proof of your educational qualifications by furnishing your university degree and the proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
BENEFITS OF JOBS IN GERMANY
Germany has a fast-growing economy. There are numerous job opportunities in the IT, engineering, and manufacturing sectors. The country offers competitive wages and salaries in comparison to other countries. The German government is making consistent efforts to include foreigners in the workforce.
Who can apply for a Germany Job Seeker Visa?
Professionals with the required skills and qualifications can relocate to Germany with the jobseeker permit to hunt for work and engage in face-to-face interviews with potential employers.
If you want to work in Germany and have the required years of professional work experience and a qualification that matches Germany’s requirements, you can apply for such a permit to search for jobs in Germany.
Top occupation in demand in Germany
- IT and Software
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resources Management
- Sales & Marketing
To be eligible you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a university in Germany or an equivalent overseas degree. (This clause has been modified after changes to German immigration laws in 2020)
- Possess at least a year’s experience in your field of study
- Be able to supply adequate proof of funds covering your stay during the time period that you would be in Germany
- Have insurance (travel or medical) that covers your stay in Germany, or at least covers you till the time that you get your Work Permit if you succeed in getting a job
- Have proof that you have completed 15 years of regular education
- A B1 or B2 level in German, though not mandatory, that will help you in your job search
- Proof that you have arranged your accommodation for 6 months
Step 1: Gather all the required information and submit the required list of records along with your application.
Step 2: Get an appointment from the embassy. Schedule an appointment from the embassy 1 month before the date you intend to apply for the permit and submit your application form.
Step 3: Submit the online application. Fill the online application form from Germany immigration and submit it.
Step 4: Attend the scheduled interview at the embassy or consulate.
Step 5: Pay the required fees.
Step 6: Wait for the processing to complete. It can take from 1 to 2 months.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP?
With our vast experience in overseas careers and immigration, Y-Axis can help you get the opportunity to seek a job in Germany. Our services include:
- Providing checklist for records of information to be submitted with the application for permit
- Guidance and assistance throughout the application process as per Germany immigration guidelines
- Updates and follow up
- Job search services for finding work in Germany
How can you seek job in Germany?
You can obtain a permit for the purpose of staying in Germany and looking for a job. Such a permit to stay in Germany is valid for a maximum of 6 months.
What is the step-wise process to apply for a permit to seek job in Germany?
STEP 1: Complete the application form for the permit.
STEP 2: Make an appointment for interview before you are granted the permit.
STEP 3: Get your records of information in order.
STEP 4: Attend the interview.
STEP 5: Pay the fees.
Can the permit for job seeking in Germany be extended beyond 6 months?
No. If you don’t find a job in the allotted 6 months, you will have to return to your home country.
If I find a job on my permit, do I have to return to my home country to apply for Germany residence/work permit?
If you find a job within 6 months, you can apply for a German residence/work permit. There’s no need to return home and apply for the same.
Do I need to give my IELTS to apply for a jobseeker permit for Germany?
No. However, the English language requirements are dependent on the type of job you are applying for. If the job is for a position that involves travelling around the world, then a certain level of English proficiency is required.
Working for a multinational company in Germany or a German multinational will require a certain level of proficiency. The right educational qualification, work experience and a basic knowledge of German will improve your prospects of finding a job here.
In such cases, it would be no harm to get an IELTS certification which is a validation of your English proficiency. An IELTS certification will give you an edge over other applicants for the job.
Is the knowledge of German language important to work in Germany?
A minimum level of proficiency in German with a B2 or C1 level will improve your chances of finding a job here. You will have an edge over other job seekers who have no knowledge of the language.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.