International students who study in Canada graduating from Alberta post-secondaries will now get 2 new options to immigrate to Canada.
AINP is launching 2 new pathways for Canada immigration. This move is meant to motivate international graduates to open businesses in the province of Alberta. Such new businesses are expected to create new high-payingjobs. Such businesses will contribute to the diversification of the economy.
The IGE stream will start functioning from October 26, 2020, and will run on an EOI system. A PNP under this program will be meant for an international student graduating from Alberta post-secondaries. The stream is now open to EOI submissions.
The assessment of the submissions will be done by AINP. Then these submissions will be ranked with points assigned. Candidates who rank highest will get invitations to place a Business Application.
Only the candidates who receive a request or invitation to apply will be able to access the AINP portal and start the business application process. However, getting a request doesn’t guarantee that applicants will get Canada PR.
Another stream that Alberta will launch will be the Foreign Graduate Start-up stream. This will be initiated in January 2021. This stream will be meant for international student graduates from the bestUS colleges and universities willing to start a business and settle in communities in Alberta.
Eligibility for IGE immigration stream
- The candidate must be immigrating to Alberta with the intention of establishing a new business or buy an existing one.
- The candidate must have at least 34% ownership in the company.
- The business type proposed mustn’t be on Alberta’s ineligible businesses list.
- The candidate must have full-time work experience of at least 6 months. This can be a combination of owning and actively managing the business.
- The candidate’s work experience could include an equivalent amount of experience with a business accelerator, business incubator, or entrepreneurship program courses.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ full-time education in Alberta. This must be with a diploma or degree from anyof Alberta’s designated post-secondary institution.
- The candidate must have a PGWP that’s valid for at least 2 years at the time of submitting EOI.
- The candidate must also need a minimum CLB score of 7 in all areas of English or French proficiency.
- The candidate’s business should have an economic benefit to Alberta. This will be achieved via factors like an investment, job creation, and developed intellectual property.
The candidate will also have an advantage if aged between 21 and 49 years of age. Another factor that can prove to be an advantage to the candidate is if the candidate’s common partner or spouse have immediate family living full-time in Alberta. It will increase the candidate’s chance to get selected.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
IGE – International Graduate Entrepreneur
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
AINP – Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
EOI – Expression of Interest
CLB – Canadian Language Benchmark
PR – Permanent Residence
PGWP – Post Graduate Work Permit