Highlights: 40,000+ new foreign workers registered in Spain in August 2022
- Spain has announced that it has registered 41,440 more foreign workers in August 2022.
- The total number of foreign workers in Spain has increased to 2,419,877.
- The foreign workers registered in August 2022 form 12.1% of the total number of workers in Spain right now.
- Of those foreign nationals registered in August 2022, 1,603,030 originated from third countries.
The latest report on foreign workers in Spain has revealed that in August 2022, the country added 41,440 foreign workers to its workforce. This has led to raising the total number of workers currently in Spain to 2,419,877.
The Spanish government stated that the number of foreigners registered in August 2022 forms 12.1% of the total number of foreign workers in Spain now. Of those workers, 834,461 were from the EU, and 1,603,030 were from third countries.
More data on foreign workers in Spain
Here’s more information on foreign workers in Spain.
- Of the total number of foreign workers in Spain, 1,358,729 (55.8%) are men, and 1,078,762 (44.2%) are women.
- Here’s the data on the number of foreign workers with the countries they originated from:
- Romania – 330,155
- Italy – 163,819
- Morocco – 277,937
- Venezuela – 119,235
- Colombia – 123,850
- In August 2022, 60,469 workers came from Ukraine.
- Of the foreign workers in Spain, 2,032,319 (83.3%) came under the General Scheme and 399,520 came under the self-employed category.
Foreign workers in Spain by sectors
Here are the details of the percentage of foreign workers that Spain has, classified by occupational sectors:
In Spain, steps have already been taken to speed up the processing of residence and work permits. The country is making it attractive for skilled foreign nationals to migrate there. This will also provide the necessary manpower to join the job positions that are open in Spain.
If you are willing to migrate to Europe, talk to Y-Axis, the leading immigration and career consultant in the UAE.
If you find this blog engaging, you may also like: