The status of some occupations under State Sponsorship has been modified by South Australia. This will be applicable to all applicants who are applying under the Subclass 190 and Subclass 489 Visa.
Here is the current status of the occupations:
- 232212- Surveyor: Special Conditions Apply
- 241111- Early Childhood (Pre-Primary) Teacher: Special Conditions Apply. Offshore applicants can only apply for the Provisional Subclass 489 Visa.
Wherever “Special Conditions Apply”, applicants need to meet the special requirements in order to apply for sponsorship.
Occupations which show as “Low Availability” have few spots left and can be closed at any point.
Applicants scoring 80 points or above can apply under Special Conditions for South Australia state sponsorship. Effective from July 2018, this is applicable to all occupations under Special Conditions or occupations listed on the Supplementary List.
Here is how you can apply for a State Sponsorship of South Australia:
- Applicants need to submit an online EOI (Expression of Interest) through Skill Select. While submitting the EOI, you need to select South Australia as the preferred state. You will also need to select whether you are applying for the Subclass 190 or Subclass 489 Visa.
- You should note your EOI ID as you will need it while submitting your application for state sponsorship
- Log on to the Immigration SA website and submit an application for state sponsorship
- It is advisable to keep a track of your application online
- Your sponsorship outcome will be visible on the Immigration SA website
- If your state nomination is approved you will receive an invitation from the Dept. of Home Affairs to apply for a Visa
- You will need to submit your Australia PR application to the Dept. of Home Affairs
You may submit state nomination applications to multiple states in Australia. They will, however, be submitted as per the submitted date, as per SBS News.
In case you do not wish to process your SA state sponsorship application, you need to intimate Immigration SA. You will, however, not be refunded your application fee for state sponsorship.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…