The Australian Govt. has changed the points-system for Permanent Residence following the advice of its Productivity Commission.
The point system for both the Skilled Migration and the Subclass 491 (Regional Visas) will be changed. Generally, PR applicants can earn points on their attributes that contribute to the Australian economy. The Immigration system of Australia tries to augment the benefits that immigration brings to the country.
As per the revised system, you can now get extra points on your PR application. Here are the new changes that have been proposed for the point-system:
- Applicants who have a spouse or common-law partner fulfilling the “Skilled” requirement will get 10 points. The spouse or common-law partner needs to have a positive Skill Assessment to claim the same, as per SBS News.
- Applicants who do not have a spouse or common-law partner will be eligible for 10 points
- Applicants whose spouse or common-law partner have competent English will earn 5 points
- Applicants who are sponsored by a state or territory in Australia will get 15 points. Applicants who are sponsored by a close relative living in a designated area will also earn 15 points.
- Applicants who hold a STEM (Science, Technology, English, and Mathematics) qualification from Australia will also get 10 points
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…