Quebec held its largest immigration draw of 2020 on September 24 sending ITAs to 365 immigration candidates for PR in Canada.
The candidates who received ITAs in this draw were those who had filed an EOI via the Arrima portal. Arrima manages applications for Quebec’s RSWP. These candidates fell into 3 categories invited by MIFI:
- Category 1 required a valid job offer in Quebec to receive ITA
- Category 2 comprised those who resided in Quebec as a representative for the UN, diplomat, consular officer, or a representative for any inter-governmental organization carrying out operations in Quebec.
- Category 3 had Arima candidates who despite not meeting the invitation criteria were allowed as the Minister had the opinion that they will be capable enough to contribute to the province’s prosperity.
Quebec, unlike other Canadian provinces, has an immigration system of its own. The onus of selecting economic-class immigrants like entrepreneurs and skilled workers rests with the Government of Quebec. MIFI is Quebec’s immigration ministry that manages the province’s immigration process.
When MIFI issues a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) to an applicant, it confirms that he/she can immigrate to Quebec. After the migrate to Canada, the candidate can apply for Canadian PR.
The CSQ is available to those who are applying for immigration through:
- Regular Skilled Worker Program
- Quebec Experience Program
- Quebec Self-Employed Person Program
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- Quebec Investor Program (Suspended till April 21, 2021)
Arrima helps people applying for immigration to Quebec via the Regular Skilled Worker Program. Their EOIs to MIFI are submitted via the online Arrima portal.
If a candidate is above 18 years of age, he/she can create an EOI profile in Arrima for free at any time of the year. The profile must be completed within 90 days. Once the EOI is created, it stays valid for 1 year, within which candidates can even update their profiles.
The cut-off scores of candidates who are sent ITAs for CSQ will be based on a points grid. Then, within 90 days, the candidate has to apply for the CSQ. The applications are processed using the Mon Projet Québec application management system. After an assessment by the ministry, a complete list of documents needed is issued.
Once MIFI receives all required documents, the review process of the application starts. Some applicants may even have interviews for verification.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
ITA – Invitation to Apply
PR – Permanent Residence
EOI – Expression of Interest
MIFI – Ministry of Immigration, Francization, and Integration
CSQ – Certificat de sélection du Québec