Ontario has added 13 new manufacturing occupations to the list of eligible jobs coming under the In-demand Skills stream. These additions were announced on July 2, 2020, and were significant for Canada immigration.
Another change implemented was that the settlement fund is no more required for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) stream.
The new occupations added will become eligible once the stream reopens for applications on July 6, 2020. These job positions are based outside the Greater Toronto area.
Once these jobs get added, there will be 23 eligible jobs altogether that the Ontario PNP approves and brings into the offer. These jobs will all suit semi-skilled or low-skilled workers. These occupations will fall under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) C or D category.
The existing 10 occupations that are currently in OINP’s list are meant for any location in the Ontario province, within or without the GTA. These occupations with NOC codes are:
- Poultry preparers, meat cutters, industrial butchers, related workers – 9462
- Construction trades laborers and helpers- 7611
- Harvesting laborers – 8611
- Nursery and greenhouse workers- 8432
- General farm workers – 8431
- Heavy equipment operators [except crane] – 7521
- Transport truck drivers – 7511
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers- 7441
- Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers -4412
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates- 3413
The 13 new occupations that are applicable only outside GTA are:
- Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators – 9536
- Mechanical assemblers and inspectors – 9526
- Fabricators, electronics assemblers, testers, and inspectors- 9523
- Process control and machine operators, food, beverage, and associated products processing- 9461
- Industrial sewing machine operators- 9446
- Woodworking machine operators – 9437
- Plastics processing machine operators – 9422
- Chemical plant machine operators – 9421
- Machining tool operators – 9417
- Metalworking and forging machine operators – 9416
- Machine operators, mineral and metal processing – 9411
- Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors – 9537
- Other metal products machine operators – 9418
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration &Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…