The employers of the Canadian province of Newfoundland & Labrador have got a new tool to recruit TFWs, international students, and immigrants who are willing to work in Canada in this province. It’s the new program called Pathways Job Matching program.
What’s the new program about?
The program enables Newfoundland & Labrador to provide full-time jobs to foreign candidates, it will now be easier for newcomers in Canada to find a job.
This new program will directly match needy employers with those who want to live and work in Canada in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador.
The intention of the province behind the new program is to triple the number of immigrants who will arrive in the province and settle there. The tripled number will be in comparison with the high number of 1,850 attained in 2019. The aim is to bring in 5,100 new Canada PR visa holders annually by 2026.
- Employers that need workers will visit the website of the Pathways Job Matching Program.
- They will provide information on the full-time job openings they have on offer.
- They can continue submitting job openings and workforce requirements and email Newfoundland & Labrador to get any answers they seek about the process.
- International graduates in the province seeking jobs as well as other newcomers with Canada open work permits can complete their online registration in detail.
Then the province works on matching the new immigration applicants with the labor requirements of the employers who take part in this program. The province is taking up many initiatives to attract immigrants. These include:
- The development of a new online application system that will make it faster and easier for newcomers to Canada to settle in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Settlement services like foreign qualification recognition, language training, training, and cultural support
- Promotional and marketing campaigns that focus on luring prospective residents from other parts of Canada as well as from around the world
- The addition of instructors for ESL (English as a Second Language) in the K-12 school system
- The hiring of more immigration staff, which includes personnel to assist employers with immigration, as well as help new immigrants navigate the immigration system
|Do you want to learn how eligible you are to migrate to Canada? Click here to find out.|
Here are some more recommended articles to read:
- Immigrants are making significant contribution to Canada’s charities
- My journey as a marketing manager from Dubai to Canada
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
TFW – Temporary Foreign Worker