Quebec has increased its processing fees for immigration from January 1, 2021. The hikes in immigration processing fees are as follows:
- Principal applicants who apply as skilled workers – $812 to $822
- Each family member coming along with the principal applicant – $176 to $174
- Validation of a permanent job offer or making an assessment of its effects on the labor market of Quebec – $202 to $205
- Quebec investors/entrepreneurs – $15,763 to $15,962
- Quebec self-employed workers – $1,099 to $1,113
- Comparative assessments for studies outside Quebec – $121 to $123
- Temporary workers & foreign student applications – $202 to $205
The increase in fees cited above is related to the processing cost of immigration to Quebec. During completion of an application for Canada immigration aimed at Quebec, other fees related to the file may have to be paid. This includes the cost of translations, supporting documents, or language tests.
Other changes that have been made in Quebec immigration programs include:
- Applications under ISP and PEQ will have to be submitted electronically from January 26, 2021.
- This online service under the Arrima portal will be available from January 26, 2021.
- Submission of supporting documents, fee payments, and application form submissions will be done via Arrima from January 26, 2021.
- Such electronic document transmissions will be compulsory for the new permanent immigration pilots that will be implemented in 2021. These are pilot programs for:
- workers in the AI, IT, and visual effects sectors
- workers in the FP industry
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
ISP – International Student Program
PEQ – Programme de l’expériencequébécoise (Quebec Experience Program)
AI – Artificial Intelligence
IT – Information Technology
FP – Food Processing