Manitoba held an immigration draw on December 17, 2020, that invited 419 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canada PR. This draw saw the most immigration invitations sent out this year by MPNP.
International graduates and skilled workers were invited in this draw to apply to one of the following streams:
- International Education
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba
- Skilled Workers Overseas
The number of invitations sent to candidates and their distribution was as follows:
- Skilled Workers Overseas — 50 LAAs
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba — 329 LAAs
- International Education Stream — 40 LAAs
The minimum EOI scores expected of the candidates were as follows:
- Skilled Workers Overseas — 706
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba — 375
- International Education Stream — No EOI score required
Express Entry candidates got 37 LAAs out of the 419. Without the following, Manitoba PNP won’t accept candidate applications:
- A valid Express Entry ID
- A job-seeker validation code
- Work experience that’s verifiable in a job that is on the in-demand occupations list of Manitoba
Skilled Worker Overseas candidates will be considered only if they have direct selection under a strategic recruitment initiative.
Reasons for Canada immigration candidates not having received invitations even after scoring higher than the minimum ranking could be:
- That their language test scores are not valid anymore
- That their third-party language exam didn’t have a test number that’s valid
- That the candidate didn’t receive a valid invitation number after being invited as part of a strategic recruitment initiative
Under any of the above circumstances, the candidates can update their EOI profiles by furnishing the correct information. Thus, they will stand a chance to be considered for the next immigration draw.
MPNP may reject the applications of candidates who:
- Aren’t working in a regulated occupation
- Aren’t holding proof of having completed every step in licensing to work in Manitoba
Candidates in any of the above situations can decline their LAA.
The total LAAs issued in 2020 thus comes to 4,888 with this draw.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
Canada announces new rules to migrate to its rural communities
MPNP – Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
LAA – Letters of Advice to Apply
EOI – Expression of Interest