On June 11, 2020, the European Commission suggested its member states to prolong the ban on entry of third-country citizens till June 30. It was a shift from the date earlier decided as till June 15.
The Commission has favored letting the third-country citizens to enter EU borders gradually and selectively.
A checklist to estimate which nations have got better with the COVID-19 situation has been made. The citizens of these nations will have a slimmer chance of spreading the pandemic.
The Commission has also recommended the same list as a base for determining the names of third countries that are safe for member states.
EU’s set criteria are used to determine which countries can initially join the list of eligible countries fit to travel, like on a visitor visa, to the borderless Schengen Area and EU. The epidemiological situation of individual countries will determine the entrants in the list.
The aspects that will be considered in such initial evaluation will be:
- Contact tracing
In the second evaluation, measures taken to contain and prevent spread of disease by a country will be considered. These measures should help in making sure that a similar or better level of progress in the process of containment is attained compared to the EU.
The criteria here will be:
- Is there travel advisory for this country in most of the Member States discouraging travel to it?
- In relation to transit passengers, do airlines check if the country of departure is enlisted as eligible for exemption from travel restrictions?
- Do airlines serving specific routes follow ICAO recommendations?
- Do airports follow ICAO safety recommendations?
- Are airports enlisted by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)?
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…