New guidelines have been issued for exempt workers for Canada immigration on how to enter the country. These guidelines are essential in view of the existing travel restrictions.
The current restrictions will end on June 30, 2020, except the ones with the US, which will extend till July 21, 2020.
Canada work visa holders are exempt from travel restrictions, provided they prove that their trip to Canada is for essential purposes. By ‘essential’ Canada means the travel must be non-discretional and non-optional.
The following are the guidelines issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) so that work permit holders and staff have clarity on what is to be considered essential travel.
Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW)
- Foreign nationals with a valid Canada work permit visa can enter the country
- Foreign nationals with a letter of introduction from IRCC on a work permit application, but the permit due to be issued, can enter the country.
IRCC is allowing foreign nationals looking to enter Canada to work in jobs in safety, food security, and health areas. These people will be exempt from the 14-day mandatory quarantine necessary for anyone else who enters Canada.
The critical occupations include:
- Workers who will enter Canada to make medical deliveries of blood and blood products, tissues, cells, organs, or other body parts needed for patients
- Workers who will bring, take care of, or repair medically necessary equipment
- Workers in marine transportation
- Students arriving in Canada to train in a health field with written approval from the regulating body of their field
- Emergency service providers like medical service workers or firefighters, who work to protect life or property
In certain cases, the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) will exercise its discretion in deciding the traveler’s purpose of travel as essential or not.
International Experience Canada (IEC) candidates holding a letter of introduction along with a valid job offer with an active Canadian employer may enter Canada. This is applicable to all IEC work permit holders under the IEC categories of:
- Young Professionals
- Working Holiday
- International Co-op
Submission of work permit applications of foreign nationals and employers in Canada can continue now. IRCC is processing new applications. The foreign workers are advised that they should ensure that their employer is presently active inside Canada and adheres to the rules of the province they function in.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…