Canada is expecting a significant increase in immigration applications once travel restrictions begin to get relaxed globally.
In this scenario, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is trying to modernize the methods of processing immigration applications.
The travel restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 have slowed down immigration operations. The federal government employees are to follow strict social distancing. A remote working methodology is also implemented.
Through the crisis, IRCC has attended to its duties regarding processing applications. IRCC has effectively attended to various requirements from:
- Canadian citizens
- Asylum claimants
- Citizenship seekers
- Permanent residents
- International students
- Temporary foreign workers
These duties were performed with reduced staff strength. Yet IRCC has stepped in and introduced special measures. These measures support the application processing for immigrants.
The modernization measures of IRCC include the digitization of processes as and when possible. This will reduce in-person interactions to a minimum. It will also help save people from the risk of infections. It will also bring about a faster and more efficient system for application processing.
IRCC is looking for vendor support to support its modernization efforts. The support will mean:
- Developing strategies aimed at strengthening IRCC’s cybersecurity
- Incorporating solutions in data analytics. This will bring insight into processing capacities and operational volumes. This will enable IRCC to effectively respond to changes in Canada and abroad
- Identifying automation methods of certain processes. This will allow immigration agents to focus more of their time on immigration applications that are complex
- Identifying digital technology solutions for IRCC’s case management system
- Developing digital tools to address new social distancing requirements. This will be achieved by reducing the need for meetings in person, by using digital solutions
- Developing technology and tools to rapidly increase the IRCC’s operational capacity. This will enable it to handle the challenges posed by current manual application processing. A challenge also arise from the anticipated rise in the number of applications
The immigration plans and targets of IRCC as detailed in the Immigration Levels Plan 2020-2022 is ambitious. The Plan envisages welcoming of over a million immigrants in the coming 3 years.
Canada immigration is committed to welcoming more immigrants. Canada knows the significance of immigrants in sustaining and developing its economy.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…