Highlights: BC PNP changed its points system to match new NOC 2021 changes
- BC PNP changed its points system on September 16, 2022, to match the new points system introduced in Canada immigration
- Points were removed for skill levels as per NOC as it has transitioned to a TEER classification
- There’s now an increase in the number of points assigned to human capital skills as well as economic factors
- There are additional points now granted for language proficiency in both English and French as well as professional designations
- For experience in working/studying outside metropolitan Vancouver, additional points are granted
*Know your eligibility to immigrate to Canada through Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
Immigration system of British Columbia
There are some important changes made to the immigration system of British Columbia. BC PNP has changed its points system to match the new changes in the Canada immigration points system. The new NOC 2021 system with TEER classifications also came into being on November 16, 2022.
The points system of Canada immigration determines a candidate’s eligibility for immigration. This is true even for BC PNP which has a points system that’s now been subjected to the following changes:
- Points granted for NOC skill levels have been removed. It’s through the NOC system that Canada does the classification of jobs. This has recently transitioned to a TEER classification.
- The transition to TEER classification of jobs has led to an increase in the number of points assigned to economic and human capital factors of immigration applicants.
- There are additional points granted for language proficiency in both English and French and professional designations.
- Additional points have been granted for previous experience studying/working outside of metropolitan Vancouver.
Here’s a table that shows these changes in summary:
|Scoring selections||Old max points||Old max points|
|Human Capital Factors||Directly Related Work Experience||40||
Highest Level of Education
|Language Proficiency (English or French)||40||
|Hourly Wage of the BC Job Offer||55||50|
|Area within BC||25||
Total Points Available
We will be bringing you more updates in BC PNP and helping you stay updated about immigration to this Canadian province.
If you are willing to migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the leading immigration and career consultant in the UAE.
If you find this blog engaging, you may also like: