Let’s learn something about the Australia Skilled visa, used by those who are willing to arrive and work in Australia. A look at the eligibility requirements for Australia Skilled Visa will lead us to examine 3 visas in this category:
- Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Work Visa
- Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Work Visa
- Subclass 489 – Skilled Regional Provisional Visa
Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Work Visa
Subclass 189 visa is for skilled foreign nationals ready to work in Australia in jobs that are acknowledged by Australia’s Skilled Occupations List. Such immigration candidates may get considered for eligibility for this visa. Subclass 189 is a permanent resident work visa.
It’s required for an applicant for this visa to have completed a skills test. To be eligible, applicants are also required to receive sponsorship by a state/territory government, a family member, or an employer to be eligible.
Subclass 189 visa offers the following benefits:
- You can work and live in Australia indefinitely
- You can take enrolment in Australia’s state-run healthcare program, Medicare
- You will have the opportunity to study in Australia
- You will have the opportunity to file an application for Australian citizenship
- You can travel in and out of Australia at will
- You can sponsor your relatives for Australia PR
Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Work Visa
This visa is for certain skilled foreign workers who work in occupations that are listed in the Skilled Occupations List of Australia. This is a skilled visa Australia offers as a permanent resident work visa.
The applicant for this visa will have to take a skills test and must get a nomination from the government of an Australian state/territory.
Subclass 190 visa gives you the following benefits:
- You can live and work in Australia permanently
- You can study in Australia
- Enrolment in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program, will be possible for you
- The opportunity to lodge an application for Australian citizenship will be available
- You can travel in and out of Australia as you please
- You can sponsor your relatives for an Australia PR visa
Subclass 489 – Skilled Regional Visa (Provisional)
A 4-year work visa, Subclass 489 lets you live and work in a particular Australian region. You are allowed to bring your family.
2 pathways are involved in this visa type:
- Extended Stay
In case you are utilizing the Invited pathway, you will be required to submit an EOI and obtain an ITA to apply for the Australia PR visa.
If you are using the Extended Stay pathway, you must have held a provisional visa in Subclass 495, 496, 475, or 487.
Subclass 489 visa has the following benefits to offer:
If you have this visa, you as well as your family can
- stay in Australia for up to 4 years
- live, study, and work in Australia in a specified regional area
- travel to and from Australia during the validity period of the visa
|Know your eligibility for Australia immigration. Use the Australia points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: