The West Kootenay region consists of towns including Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson, and Trail.
Lately, through the RNIP (Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot), West Kootenay has launched its application process. This will help candidates who work in Canada and employers.
Working in the same course as Canada immigration at the federal level, the British Columbia region, including West Kootenay, focuses on language skills rather than community criteria. Wages offered and an intention to live in the region are among other criteria.
West Kootenay has also published an extensive points grid. It gives the applicants a score not exceeding 100. The top scorers get invited for nomination.
For principal candidates and their common partner or spouse include:
- Language ability
- Driver’s license
- Job offers
- Family connections
- Time spent in West Kootenay
With the RNIP, the region will empower its local economy and effectively work towards the development of the workforce.
West Kootenay is one of the 9 communities that have started their own application processes with RNIP.
RNIP Employer Criteria in West Kootenay
To be eligible in West Kootenay RNIP, the employee must:
- Not be violating the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) and/or employment standards of the province.
- Be based in West Kootenay, being eligible to give job offers that are genuine.
- Stand with proof of the efforts made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Not request or accept any kind of payment in exchange for giving a job offer.
- Offer wage the offer of employment that meets or exceeds $22/hour and must be above or within the range of wages for the occupation. Candidates who are working and/or residing in the West Kootenay region right now since the last 6 months will be exempt from this. But their wage/job offer must offer a pay between $17/hour and $21.99/hour.
- Have operated in the West Kootenays for at least 2 years or have made a business investment of a minimum of $200,000 in the West Kootenay region.
RNIP Community Candidate Criteria for West Kootenay
To be eligible in West Kootenay RNIP, the candidate must:
- Intend to live in West Kootenay.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher, in French or English.
- Have completed a Candidate profile on the West Kootenay website.
- Have a wage offered that is or exceeds $22/hour and must be above or within the range of wages for that occupation. Candidates who are currently working, studying, and/or residing for a minimum of 6 months till now in the community will be exempt from this wage requirement. This will be so if their wage/job offer is between $17/hour and $21.99/hour.
- Meet the federal eligibility criteria.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
Prince Edward Island stays strong with 3 draws since COVID-19