There are many institutions around the world that are producing academic records in an electronic or digital format. WES (World Education Services) has now entered into a partnership with many educational institutions to accept documents of work or student visa applicants in electronic format from secure, official, and verified sources.
When it comes to procuring an evaluation report, sending necessary documents in electronic format can speed up the completion of the report. With WES, the security and efficiency of sharing your academic records are assured.
There are effective methods to share with WES the digital documents required.
To begin with, enquire with your sending institution whether they have an electronic option for transmission of documents. Even though they are not in support of this option, WES could still accept electronic documents from the institutions.
It’s to be noted that in order to set up electronically submitting documents, the institution must have an email address that’s verifiable with ease.
About institutions sharing documents with WES
Institutions must review their academic website and the documents required by WES. An institution can share electronic documents with WES in 3 ways:
- Direct Transmission Channels
- Online Platform
Direct Transmission Channels
WES enters into partnership with international institutions in the hundreds as well as third-party providers. This is to receive electronic documents via verified channels. These channels, closed and secure, enable institutions to transmit documents to WES directly.
For fast and secure document delivery, WES gives 2 options namely:
- SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol)
- API (Application Programming Interface)
Institutions are supposed to use only one of these verified channels to transfer the documents to WES. As of now, some of the institutions that have entered into a partnership with WES include:
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of Mumbai
- University of Benin
- The University of the West Indies, Mona
- National Student Clearinghouse
- ENIC Ukraine
- Credentials Solutions
- CHESICC (China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center)
- CNRED (Centrul Național de Recunoaștere și Echivalare a Diplomelor)
WES procures electronic documents from institutions via the online platform, the most common way of doing so. The institution issuing the documents may have its own online platform. If not, it may take the service of a third-party provider. The electronic documents are issued as certified PDFs with a digital signature.
The following are the steps to share documents from online platforms:
- Log in to the institution’s account connected with the online platform.
- Select WES as the recipient of the documents in electronic format.
- If WES can’t be selected as the recipient, there’s the choice to send the documents to the email address listed on WES’s page named “Required Documents”. If documents are sent to any other email, it will create delays in document processing.
It has to be noted that WES uses these email addresses only to collect documents. For any other queries, Customer Service has to be contacted.
Once WES receives the link permitting it to access the documents, it will collect them and go ahead with evaluation. Only electronic documents sent directly via the official online platform of the institution or third-party service provider will be considered official.
Online platforms WES works with include:
- University of Birmingham
- University College London
- Norwegian Diploma Registry
- National University of Singapore
- National Student Clearinghouse
- My eQuals
- Digitary Core
In case no other option is available to retrieve electronic documents from an institution, the institution may send them via email as attachments. For this, they will have to use their official institutional email.
The rules for emailing documents are as follows:
- The sender’s email on the website the institution’s website must be verifiable.
- The sender must have the authority to send academic records. The departments responsible for sending documents include
- the Office of the Registrar
- the Exams, Awards & Graduation Department
- the Controller of Examinations
- the Office of Academic Records.
- the Department of Student Services
- The documents attached with the email should be shared in a format like PDF which is secure and immutable.
- It’s necessary that emails pass stringent checks such as security and anti-spoofing authenticity.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…