If you are planning to visit Australia for tourism or business, you may apply under two streams-
- Tourist Stream: This is mainly for people visiting Australia for tourism or for meeting friends and family. This can also be used for a shorter duration of non-work purposes like studying a course with a duration of fewer than 3 months.
- Business Visitor Stream: This is for applicants who seek to engage in business activities including:
- Making government or general business inquiries
- Negotiation of contracts
- Attending seminars, conferences, professional examinations or job interviews.
Passport holders of certain countries may also apply for the e-Visitor or the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).
Fast-track service for UAE only
Priority service for UAE residents applying for the Subclass 600 under the Tourist or Business Stream was introduced on December 5, 2016. Residents of UAE can access the Priority Service for an additional fee of AUD 1003 (AED 3005).
A majority of the Priority Service applications get finalized within 48 hours of having been received by the Consulate General of Australia. However, all applicants must meet all the legal, health, and character requirements. Applications which require additional information will not be processed within 48 hours.
Applicants of Abu Dhabi have an option of getting their applications delivered to post the next business day. To avail the service, they need to pay AED 410 and the delivery time is 3 business days.
Priority Service applicants should, however, note that there is no guarantee that the applications will be finalized within 48 hours. Also, in the event of delay or denial, the fee for priority service is not refundable, as per SBS.
Important things to note:
- Request for Priority Service has to be made at the time of submitting the Visa application. The Dept. of Home Affairs would not accept requests post submission of the Visa application.
- UAE passport holders only can avail the Priority Service
- Applications have to be made on paper and will be subject to biometric collection
A Visa application will not be finalized within 48 hours if:
- Applicant has any criminal or adverse immigration history
- Applicants, as part of the visa process, requires a medical examination
- Minor applicants under 18 without parental consent
- Applicants who have not provided complete information as required on the Visa checklist
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, Visit Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…