Population on the rise in Nova Scotia with more immigration approvals

Population on the rise in Nova Scotia with more immigration approvals

Nova Scotia population growth

Nova Scotia has approved an all-time high number of applications for immigration to the province in 2020. The province approved 3,517 immigration applications wherein the priority was on allowing skilled immigrants to work in Canada in essential areas of service like transportation and healthcare. Those living in Canada already were also given more weightage.

The numbers reflect the move by the province to revive and boost its economy in these times affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The province is working with stakeholders like employers to recognize labor requirements in key service areas. These stakeholders are in need of talent and specialized skills to bring about growth in the economy.

The essential sectors where Nova Scotia is inviting newcomers to work in Canada include transportation and healthcare. All the selected immigrants aren’t in Nova Scotia. The chosen are expected to arrive in the province over the next few years as there is relaxation in travel restrictions and processing of applications begins in Ottawa.

The growth in population in Nova Scotia has much to do with immigration. This was evident when the province’s population reached an all-time high last July. At that point, the population came to 979,351 people.

Around 46% of approved Canada immigration applications came from the AIP. The remaining 54% came via PNP. Most of the approvals for immigration were given in 2020 to continuing care assistants (624) and nurses (555). 316 trained and registered foreign nurses were invited to arrive in Nova Scotia. They were invited under the Labor Market Priorities stream.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Jan 1 starts with Quebec’s new immigration processing fees

Note:

AIP – Atlantic Immigration Pilot

PNP – Provincial Nominee Program

About author View all posts

Y-Axis Dubai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

fifteen + 8 =