If you want to migrate to another country, then the UK is best for you. Immigrants like to migrate to the UK because of the educational and career opportunities available in the country. The population of the country is around 68 billion, and the GDP is 39,700 USD.
Various paths to migrate to the UK
The UK has the points-based system which was started in 2020. This system helps to invite the best and talented candidates. The points system became effective from January 2021.
*Check your eligibility to migrate to the UK through Y-Axis UK Immigration Points Calculator.
Features of the points-based system
Points based system has many features, which are as follows:
- The points-based system is the same for the immigrants from EU and non-EU nations.
- Points system has to be followed by students and workers of different skills.
- Skilled workers need to have a job offer to migrate to the UK.
- Salary should be £26,000 per annum. Previously it used to be £30,000.
- Applicants have to prove their ability to speak English. Their English speaking ability should be A-level or its equivalent.
- UK body has to check the eligibility for the highly skilled workers. These workers do not need a job offer to migrate to the UK.
- Students can also come to the UK on the basis of points-based system. They need to show a letter of admission in an institute. Besides this, students also need to show funds and English proficiency.
*Willing to study in UK? Get expert guidance from Y-Axis professionals.
If you have a job offer and you are proficient in English, you will get 50 points. You will also get 20 points on the basis of any of the following:
- You need to have a job that provides you £26,000 per year.
- You will get 10 points for having a PHD and 20 points if you have PhD in STEM.
- You will get 20 points if you get a job at a place where there is shortage of skills.
*Willing to ace your IELTS scores? Avail Y-Axis coaching services to increase your score.
The new system will increase the opportunities for the immigrants who are skilled workers and want to work in the UK. Changes have also been made regarding the requirement for the English language. This will help the British employers to get access to a large number of skilled workers from different countries.
The new points system will be used for the migrants from all the EU nations. The government of the UK will be able to organize a uniform immigration system on the basis of skills. The points-based system has been launched so that migration of low-skilled workers can be controlled.
A non-EU citizen can apply for permanent residency in the UK if he has lived in the country lawfully for several years. The table below will show you the time that you have spent on your visas on the basis of which you will get permanent residency in the UK.
|Type of visa||Duration of stay|
|Marriage or unmarried partner to UK citizen||2 years|
|Lawful stay on any basis (long stay)||10 years|
|Unlawful stay||14 years|
|Tier 1 and Tier 2 work permit||5 years|
|Investor, sportsperson, business owner, arts||5 years|
If you fall in any of these categories, then you will have the option to apply for the permanent residence.
Working in the UK
If you want to work in the UK, you need to search for a job that is available on the shortage occupation list. The list will provide you with all the information about a job to which you want to apply. The UK shortage occupation list has been introduced by the UK government in which various occupations are listed. These occupations have a shortage of professionals.
*Need assistance to apply for UK Skilled Worker Visa? Y-Axis is here to guide you in all the steps.
The list includes the skills in demand, and the immigrants have to get a visa to come and work in the country. The list is updated regularly so that applicants may know about the shortage of skills.
Willing to Migrate to the UK? Talk to Y-Axis UAE, the leading migration consultant in UAE.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …
Other visas for investors for UK immigration as Golden Visa gets scrapped