Ontario conducted its first Employer Job Offer draw on May 11, 2021. This was close to 2 weeks after the launch of a new intake system for Canada immigration. The candidates who were invited had work experience in one of the 23 jobs listed.
In this draw, OINP invited 81 immigration candidates. They had profiles in the new EOI pool. They had the opportunity to qualify for the Foreign Worker stream of the Employer Job Offer category.
The selected candidates required a minimum EOI score of 31. They also required to hold a job offer in one of the 15 healthcare jobs or 8 skilled trades jobs. The following are these jobs along with their NOC codes:
- Massage therapists – 3236
- Practitioners of natural healing – 3232
- Medical sonographers – 3216
- Medical radiation technologists – 3215
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists, and cardiopulmonary technologists – 3214
- Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians – 3213
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists – 3141
- Dietitians and nutritionists – 3132
- Pharmacists – 3131
- Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating – 3125
- Allied primary health practitioners – 3124
- Chiropractors – 3122
- Optometrists – 3121
- General practitioners and family physicians – 3112
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses – 3012
Skilled trades occupations
- Elevator constructors and mechanics – 7318
- Machine fitters – 7316
- Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics – 7313
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics – 7312
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews – 7302
- Roofers and Shinglers – 7291
- Carpenters – 7271
- Electricians (except industrial and power system) – 7241
About the Foreign Worker stream
The Employer Job Offer Category: Foreign Worker Stream is available to foreign nationals holding a job offer deemed eligible from an employer in Ontario. The application for this stream needn’t be given from within Canada, as long as you meet the criteria for eligibility.
To be eligible the candidate must have the equivalent of 2 years of work experience in a skilled job. The candidate must have a job offer deemed eligible in Ontario. He/she must also be willing to immigrate to the province.
To apply for this Ontario PNP it’s necessary to create an EOI profile on the Ontario website.
After the profile is registered, it will be available in the EOI pool. Ontario will give the profile a score on the basis of the information you give in the profile. Points are given to form the score based on the level of skills your job offer demands and work experience. Other factors include the candidate’s education, wage offered, proficiency in the official language, and the region where the candidate worked or studied.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
NOC – National Occupational Classification
OINP – Ontario Immigration Nominee Program