Ontario immigration conducted a new EOI draw on May 26, 2021. In the round of invitations, 158 ITAs were issued via the stream namely Employer Job Offer: International Student stream.
The OINP held this draw and issued ITAs under 2 criteria:
- The general draw had 147 ITAs issued to eligible candidates who had a qualifying score of at least 73 points.
- The targeted draw was held via the Regional Immigration Pilot. In the draw, 11 ITAs were issued without a minimum score prescribed.
The candidates had to submit profiles between April 28 and May 26, 2021, to qualify.
Here’s how the draw went:
|Date issued||No. of invitations||Date of creating profiles||Range of scores||Notes|
|May 26, 2021||147||April 28 – May 26, 2021||73 and above||General draw|
|11||April 28 – May 26, 2021||N/A||The targeted draw for candidates of the Regional Immigration Pilot|
The Ontario EOI system deals with the management of the intake of applications for the streams given below:
- Masters Graduate
- Employer Job Offer category
- In-Demand Skills stream
- Foreign Worker stream
- International Student stream
- D. Graduate
The ranking system of the Ontario EOI
Points are given based on the attributes given below:
- Proficiency in English or French
- The field of education and the level of it where they did their studies
- An intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area
- The labor market needs in the province or region of the province
- The level of work experience and skill, history of earnings, and other relevant factors to prospects in the job market of Ontario
About Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
Applicants can qualify under this stream, only if they have:
- An offer for a permanent and full-time job under NOC 0, A, or B. The job offer must meet low levels of the wage for Ontario. The position must be necessary to the business
- For those already employed in the position, the wage proposed must be as much or more than the wage currently paid
- Graduated or satisfied the requirements of at least a full-time 2-year degree from a Canadian college or university that’s funded publicly; or
- Graduated or satisfied the requirements of at least a full-time 1-year PG diploma program from a Canadian college or university-funded publicly
- Completed at least 50% of the study in Canada
- Applied under 2 years from the date of completion of the above-mentioned course
- Intention to settle in Ontario
- Legal status in Ontario
About Regional Immigration Pilot
This immigration pilot is designed to utilize the services of the OINP to bring skilled foreign workers when the required labor isn’t available locally to Ontario communities that are smaller in size.
Candidates can qualify by having an offer for a permanent job from one of the 3 participating communities namely:
- Quinte West/Belleville
Candidates have to also satisfy the criteria for one of the Ontario Employer Job Offer streams. These streams are:
- Foreign Worker
- In-Demand Skills
- International Student
Requirements for Candidates
- Offer for a full-time and permanent job given by an employer in one of the communities that participating in the program
- Meet the criteria for one of the streams in the Employer Job Offer category
Number of Nominations
Approximately 150 nominations under the Employer Job Offer category have been set aside for the pilot.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
EOI – Expression of Interest
ITA – Invitation to Apply
NOC – National Occupational Classification