The first tech draw of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program was held on 12th July. 1623 Express Entry candidates with a score range between 439 and 459 received an invitation to apply for a provincial nomination.
The invited candidates had created their online EE profiles between July 12, 2018, and July 12, 2019.
The announcement to hold tech draws was made by OINP earlier this month to support the labour needs of the tech sector in the province. Canada has some major tech-hubs in places like Waterloo, Toronto and Ottawa. Toronto created more tech jobs in 2017 than the San Francisco Bay Area in the USA, as per the CBRE Group.
The OINP conducts the tech draws under its Human Capital Priorities Stream. A job offer from Ontario is not mandatory to apply under this stream.
To be eligible for the tech draws of the OINP:
- You should have a valid EOI in the Express Entry pool
- Your EOI should have been created either under the Federal Skilled Worker Class or the Canadian Experience Class
- You should meet all the requirements of the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- You should have a minimum of 1 year continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time work experience in any one of the occupations below:
- 2147-Computer Engineers
- 0213-Computer & Information Systems Managers
- 2172-Database Analysts & Data Administrators
- 2175-Web Designers & Developers
- 2174-Computer Programmers & Interactive Media Developers
- 2173-Software Engineers & Designers
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…