Here’s an important update from Canada related to the new Omicron variant of the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be useful for those who have plans to travel or migrate to Canada. Here are the highlights of Canada’s new steps to address the threat of the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated and selected for testing on arrival must quarantine in a place found suitable. They will stay in quarantine till they get a negative test result.
- The number of fully vaccinated travelers chosen for testing will be upped to 100% in the weeks to come.
- Here’s the update for foreign travelers who have been in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Nigeria, Namibia, Mozambique, Malawi, Lesotho, Eswatini, Egypt, and Botswana within 14 days before their arrival in Canada:
- They won’t be permitted to enter Canada.
- Enhanced pre-entry and arrival testing, as well as screening and quarantine measures, will be applicable to Canadian citizens, Canada PR visa holders, and those with status under the Indian Act.
- Any traveler arriving in Canada by air must stay at a quarantine facility designated to them till they obtain their test result.
- The new precautionary measures implemented will stay in force till at least January 31, 2021.
- Canadian citizens, Canada PR visa holders, and those with status under the Indian Act will, regardless of their vaccination status, must obtain a valid negative test report in a third country. This must be done within 72 hours of their departure to Canada. When they arrive in Canada, no matter what their vaccination status or COVID-19 history is, they will have to undergo immediate testing on arrival.
- All travelers to Canada will have to complete a test on the eighth day of arrival in the country and a 14-day quarantine.
- Every traveler will be referred to officials at the Public Health Agency of Canada to make sure that they have a suitable plan for quarantine.
- Those who have arrived in Canada for onward travel will not be allowed to travel until approval has been given for their quarantine plan and they have a negative result for their arrival test.
- Travelers arriving by land will be sent to a designated facility for quarantine in case they don’t have a suitable quarantine plan.
The Canadian government will be continuously assessing the COVID situation and how it evolves. The preventive measures at the border will be implemented as required.
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: