The Canadian province of Quebec has published details of 3 pilot permanent immigration programs due to be implemented in early 2021. These pilot programs will come into effect after 45 days in which consultations will be made and comments taken.
The 3 programs announced by the government are as follows:
- The pilot program for orderlies
- The pilot program for workers in FP
- The pilot program for workers in the IT, AI, and visual effects sectors
There are also other major changes to the application intake process for Collective sponsorship, or Program for Refugees Abroad. There are also new regulations for the Entrepreneur Program and the Self-Employed Worker Program.
For collective sponsorships or group sponsorships, there will be a limit of 750 applications. Each group will have 2 to 5 people and the applications will be accepted from April 1, 2021, to May 5, 2021. The sponsorship applications have to be compulsorily submitted online before being randomly selected randomly via a draw.
The aim of these programs is to attract and retain skilled people who are capable of meeting the specific needs of the province’s labor market requirements.
The pilot program for orderlies
This program will allow up to 550 principal applicants annually. They will be selected for jobs of nurses and beneficiary attendants in Quebec. Quebec Selection Certificates will be given to the family members coming along with the main applicants.
The pilot program for workers in food processing (FP)
This program will act as an opportunity for temporary foreign workers in the food sector to do permanent immigration. This will be a 5-year program that will allow up to 550 eligible workers and their families who will be annually selected.
The pilot program for workers in the IT, AI, and visual effects sectors
For skilled foreign workers in the IT, AI, and visual effects sectors willing to work in Canada. this program is a perfect pathway to arrive in Quebec. In this program too, up to 550 applicants and their families will be taken annually. There will be equal distribution of candidates among the 3 fields this program deals with.
Changes in immigration programs and application processing times
- Under the Self-employed Program, a limit of 50 applications for permanent selection applications has been set. This was implemented from November 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021.
- The entrepreneur program’s second stream is suspended for 2021 in order to improve it.
- Under the first stream of the Entrepreneur Program, there will be a limit of 25 permanent selection applications accepted from November 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021.
- The selection criteria currently existing for immigration candidates who have filed an EOI in Arrima for selection under the RSWP have been renewed. The changes will be applicable until November 1, 2021.
For receipt of applications for sponsorship for organizations located in Montreal and beyond is temporarily suspended until November 1, 2021. This is done to complete administrative and criminal investigations owing to serious allegations affecting integrity of certain organizations that work on protecting refugees.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
IT – Information Technologies
AI – Artificial Intelligence
EOI – Expression of Interest
RSWP – Regular Skilled Worker Program
FP – Food Processing