South Australia has recently signed two new DAMAs (Designated Area Migration Agreement). Employers in the state would benefit from the same as they would be able to sponsor foreign workers under Subclass 482.
Employers in regional areas of South Australia often struggle to find skilled labour. Such employers would now have access to skilled workers due to the new DAMAs. The DAMAs will also provide employers access to a wider range of occupations. Sponsored employees will also receive a concession on their language and work experience requirements.
The South Australian DAMAs will utilize the labour agreement stream under the Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa (Subclass 482). Interested businesses would need to sign an agreement with the state government to be able to use the Subclass 482 Visa.
The DAMAs signed by South Australia are:
The Adelaide Technology and Innovation Advancement Agreement
This agreement will focus on high-tech growth industries in Adelaide, as quoted by SBS News. It will include Technology, Advanced Manufacturing, and Defence Space Technology.
South Australia’s Regional Workforce Agreement
This agreement focuses on the high-growth industries based out of the regional areas. The industries included are:
- Health and Social Services
- Tourism and Hospitality
The major aims of the South Australian DAMAs are:
- Provide a pathway to Permanent Residence to visa holders in most occupations
- A wide range of occupations which reflect both semi-skilled and skilled labour shortages in the state. Also, there would be no caveats in the application.
- Sponsored applicants will receive concession in their English language skills
- Sponsored applicants will also receive concessions on salary for relevant occupations reflecting the market rates of SA. This is to ensure that the sponsored employees terms and conditions of employment are not abraded.
- There would be an increase in the age limit for selected occupations
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…