In a Manitoba PNP draw held on September 2, 2021, 602 LAAs were issued to international graduates and skilled workers. Here’s how the draw went:
|Stream||Sub-Stream||No. of LAAs||Lowest Ranked Candidate’s Score|
|Skilled Workers in Manitoba||463||445|
|International Education Stream||55||–|
|Skilled Workers Overseas||Strategic Recruitment Initiative||84||698|
In this 125th draw of Manitoba PNP, 101 of the 602 candidates selected had a valid Express Entry ID as well as job seeker validation codes.
Qualifying for the Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream
This stream addresses the specific needs of employers in Manitoba by selecting skilled and trained foreign workers. These workers are nominated by Manitoba PNP for Canada PR. The candidates chosen on priority are those who have a strong attachment to Manitoba.
To immigrate to Manitoba, there are 2 pathways available:
Manitoba Work Experience
This one is for applicants at work in Manitoba currently on temporary work permits. They could be in Manitoba via the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or as international graduates from any province. Candidates have no need to be at work in in-demand occupations.
Employer Direct Recruitment
This one is for overseas applicants with job offers from Manitoba employers who are approved by the government.
Requirements for International Education Stream
This stream is meant exclusively for international graduates from universities or colleges in Manitoba. Under this stream, candidates don’t need to work for 6 months in their field before applying for a nomination from Manitoba PNP.
There are 3 pathways under this stream:
Career Employment Pathway
The candidate must:
- Have completed a course of at least 1 year’s duration from a post-secondary institution deemed eligible in Manitoba within 3 years of submitting the application
- Have a full-time job offer in an occupation in demand in Manitoba that’s related to the degree completed by the candidate
- Be a resident of Manitoba
Graduate Internship Pathway
- Candidates must have master’s and doctoral degrees and have completed Elevate or Mitacs Accelerate internships.
- Candidates can apply for a nomination via internships even if they don’t have a job offer in Manitoba.
Student Entrepreneur Pathway
The candidate must:
- Have completed a course of at least 2 years duration from a post-secondary Manitoba institution that’s deemed eligible
- Have minimum business operation experience of 6 months in Manitoba
- Be a resident of Manitoba since graduation
- Have no specific requirement of minimum personal net worth
|Do you wish to find out whether you are eligible to migrate to Canada? Do a self-evaluation now for free! Click here.|
Canadian provinces are hotbeds of employment and career opportunities. If you wish to access these opportunities to live and work in Canada, get it done with Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company. Click here to connect with us.
Did you find this article useful? Read other recommended news on Canada immigration:
- Quebec immigration draw invites 585 immigration candidates
- IRCC conducts Express Entry draw, invites 635 Express Entry candidates
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
LAA – Letters of Advice to Apply
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program