Highlights: IRCC to invest $1.1 million for women immigrants
- Canada invests $1.1 Million towards the Racialized Newcomer Women Pilot (RNWP) program in Vancouver at YWCA.
- It primarily supports immigrant women to get better job opportunities in the tech industry.
- The Canadian government makes efforts to promote opportunities that align with the work experience and skill expertise of women immigrants.
- The government has developed programs like Tech Connect to eliminate discrimination and promote equal opportunities.
- The IRCC has introduced a two-year YWCA Tech Connect employment program extension.
*Check your eligibility through Y-Axis Canada Immigration points calculator
Canada’s RNWP services
- The RNWP services were offered to women immigrants from over 128 countries between 2019 and 2020.
- Most of the women selected were between the age group of 25-54 with less than five years of residence in Canada.
- The Immigration programs for Racialized women provide equal job opportunities and well-paid wages.
- The programs for Racialized women are also to promote the economy of Canada by having immigrant women contribute to society with their skills and expertise.
- The Federal government committed a total funding of $31.9 million for the Pilot program in 2018.
- The RNWP program was initially termed as Visible Minority Newcomer Women Pilot.
Willing to migrate to Canada, contact Y-Axis, world’s No.1 Immigration Company
If you found this article interesting, also read…
4.2 million Immigrant women work in Canada, StatCan reports
Big announcement by Sean Fraser, ‘PGWPs can now work in Canada for 4.5 years.’