Let’s try to understand the Super Visa Canada issues to enable parents and grandparents of Canada PR visa holders and Canadian citizens to come to Canada.
An alternative to PGP, Super Visa Canada serves the purpose of facilitating family reunions with more certainty. This visa is available all year. People can come to Canada on this visa for up to 2 years with no need to renew their status. What’s more interesting is that they can make multiple entries to Canada over a period of 10 years.
The Super Visa gives an advantage particularly to citizens of countries that require a TRV to travel to Canada. They don’t have to re-apply for a visitor’s visa every time they want to come to Canada if they have a Super Visa.
The following criteria have to be met to be eligible for a Super Visa Canada offers:
- The applicant must be the parent/grandparent of a Canada PR or a Canadian citizen.
- No factor related to health or criminality should make the applicant inadmissible to Canada.
- Spouses or common-law partners may be included in the Super Visa application. But dependents aren’t allowed.
Procedure to apply
The procedure to apply for a Super Visa is similar to that of a regular TRV process. Here are the criteria to meet for lodging an application:
- Applicants must apply from outside Canada.
- IRCC must ensure that the parents/grandparents will be supported very well while they are living in Canada. To that end, the Canadian child/grandchild will have to present a signed letter promising financial support to the applicants during their stay in Canada.
- Medical insurance of a minimum amount of $100,000 from a Canadian insurance company is required. The insurance must be valid for at least a year from the date of entry.
- The PR/citizen in Canada must submit documents that prove their Canadian status. A list of members in their household must be submitted.
|Do you want to migrate to Canada? Why not check your eligibility first? Click here.|
If you have children or grandchildren in Canada and are keen to move to Canada on a Super Visa, you can entrust all the procedures and documentation with application to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company. Click here to connect with us.
Read these articles too:
- BC PNP draws held to invite 464 immigration candidates for nomination
- IRCC invites 521 immigration Express Entry candidates for Canada PR
PR – Permanent Residence/Resident
TRV – Temporary Resident Visa
PGP – Parents and Grandparents Program
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada