Highlights: 7000 ITAs issued in the most recent Express Entry Draw
- The eight Express Entry Draw for 2023 was conducted on March 23.
- It is an All-program Draw that selects candidates from immigration programs like the CEC (Canadian Experience Class), the FSTP (Federal Skilled Trades Program) & the FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program).
- The Express Entry Draw issued 7000 ITAs with a minimum CRS score of 484.
- The ITAs issued in this draw are equivalent to the ITAs published on March 15, which held the largest All-program Draw.
*Check your eligibility with Y-Axis Canada points calculator
Canadian Express Entry Draws of 2023
The table given below represents the complete Express Entry data for the year 2023
Type of Express Entry Draw
|Date of the Draw||Number of candidates invited||Minimum cut-off CRS score|
|All program Draw||January 11||5500||
All program Draw
|PNP Draw||February 1||893||
Federal Skilled Worker program
|PNP Draw||February 15||699||
|All program Draw||March 15||7000||
All program Draw
Multi-year PNP Level plans
- A provincial nomination has become the most accessible pathway for candidates to enter Canada.
- Candidates participating in the Express Entry can increase their chances of scoring 600 CRS points by receiving an ITA via the provincial nomination.
- The 600 points received through the invitation can boost the candidate’s chance of getting a PR.
- A recent meeting was held between immigration ministers by the Forum of Ministers Responsible for Immigration (FMRI) to discuss ways that can promote the immigration rate of the country.
- The first-of-a-kind “Multi-year Immigration Plan” was declared due at the meeting.
- The multi-year immigration plan works similarly to that of the Federal Immigration Level Plans that devise the immigration targets for three consecutive years.
- The PNP allocations were increased by some of the provinces and territories of Canada to accommodate skilled immigrants that can contribute to the country’s economy.
- Ontario plans on increasing its PNP allocations to 18,000 in 2025.
- Manitoba has increased its allocations to 9500.
- Saskatchewan plans on increasing its PNP allocations to 8500 in 2025.
- Alberta has increased its allocations to 9750 for the year 2023.
- The Immigration Minister of Canada has announced implementing an 18-month extension on Open work permits.
- The extension can be applied via the official website of IRCC from April 6.
- This extension will make the PGWP holders eligible to receive ITAs via the Express Entry program.
- 286,000 PGWP holders were recorded in Canada by the end of 2022.
Willing to migrate to Canada? Contact Y-Axis, the leading Overseas Immigration Company in UAE.
If you have found this article interesting, also read…
4.2 million Immigrant women work in Canada, StatCan reports
Big announcement by Sean Fraser, ‘PGWPs can now work in Canada for 4.5 years.’