A big year for Canada immigration, 2020 had its own high points that set the stage for Canada’s future in the short and long run. Here are the main observations on immigration Canada promoted relentlessly in 2020. Presented here are the numbers and stats of the Express Entry system and its performance in the year that passed.
- In 2020, a total of 107,350 ITAs were issued to EE candidates. This was the highest since the program’s introduction in 2015.
- IRCC held 36 36 invitation rounds for new immigrants in 2020. Right after COVID-induced travel restrictions in March 2020, only CEC and PNP candidates were aimed at in these draws. But later in the year, candidates in other streams were also taken into participation.
- The total invitations conducted by IRCC in 2020 was 10 more than what happened in 2019.
- The smallest Canada immigration draw was conducted on April 15, 2020. It was a PNP in which just 118 invites were sent.
- Canada started to issues 5,000 ITAs at a time by the end of the year.
- From the 401,000 new immigrants expected in 2021, Canada has made an allocation of 108,500 invites that will be issued via a program managed by Express Entry in 2021.
- The largest immigration in the first quarter of 2020 was conducted on February 19. 4,500 invites were issued in that draw.
- All-program draws were held in July and August 2020. These were followed by all-program draws held in September 2020. The number of ITAs issued per draw went up from 4,200 to 5,000. This was a record performance.
- There was one FSTP draw held in Canada on August 6, 2020. It invited 250 skilled trades workers.
- 415 was the lowest CRS cut-off score of 2020. It was prescribed in an FSTP draw.
- The lowest CEC score required in 2020 was assigned on June 25. This was 431.
- The lowest CRS points requirement for an all-program draw in 2020 was 468. This was assigned on December 23.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
ITA – Invitation to Apply
EE – Express Entry
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
FSTP – Federal Skilled Trades Program