The FAIC (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) of the UAE launched a new website yesterday. Applicants would now be able to apply for the Golden Visa through this website.
What is the Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa of the UAE is a long-term Residency Visa valid for 5 to 10 years. It, sort of, grants Permanent Residency to foreigners who can also include their dependents on the visa. The Business Visa is part of the Golden Residency Visa program, which helps foreigners get a long-term visa for themselves. The Golden Visa is renewable every five years provided the applicant meets the terms and conditions.
The Golden Visa process started on 21st May of this year. The GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs) has set an intake target of 6,800 Golden Visas by the end of 2019.
Who can apply for it?
Applicants who have business experience across the globe can apply for the Business Visa of the UAE. An applicant may be considered eligible if they have set up a business on their own at any point in their careers and intend to set up a business in the UAE too.
To apply for the Business Visa of the UAE, you must:
- Be able to prove your entrepreneurial experience
- Be a member of the senior leadership or a major shareholder of a startup
- Intend to legally set up a business in the UAE and be willing to relocate to the UAE long-term
- Have a viable business proposal that could be beneficial to the UAE
How can I apply for it?
You can apply for the Business Visa through the website https://business.goldenvisa.ae/
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Enter your email address and create a password to log in. You will receive a verification code on your email address.
- Fill in your personal details and upload the required documents
- Select your incubator as either “Dubai” or “Abu Dhabi.”
- Provide details of your passport and your permanent home address outside of the UAE
- Provide details of any other UAE Residency that you may have previously held or are currently holding
- Provide details of your work and work experience as the visa is mainly for entrepreneurs
- Upload a two-minute video profile of yourself. You will also need to provide details of your business and the sector that you operate in.
- Enter details of your dependents, if any
- Submit the application and wait for the review. The review may take approximately 30 days. Approval of your nomination does not guarantee a visa. It simply means that you are eligible for the visa.
- Once your nomination has been approved, complete the requirements of the FAIC. This may take an extra 30 days.
- You will receive an email with additional information on how to receive the visa
Applicants who are outside the UAE are given a 6-month long visa to enter the UAE. Applicants will need to convert their Temporary Visa into a Residence Permit within this period.
Applicants who are already in the UAE are given a one-month long Temporary Visa. They need to get the Temporary Visa converted to Residence Permit within this time.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to the aspiring overseas immigrants including Australia Visitor Visa, Canada Evaluation With Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant, and Canada Express Entry.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to the UAE, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…