An amazing new event in Canada immigration has been conducted on June 2, 2020. British Columbia conducted its largest Entrepreneur Immigration draw of 2020.
The Entrepreneurship pilot is designed to bring entrepreneurs and investment to smaller communities in British Columbia. The British Columbia PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) draw sent invitations to apply to 38 candidates. The invitations went through 2 streams. The 2 streams were:
- The Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot
- General Entrepreneur stream
9 invites were sent to candidates in the Regional Pilot stream. The minimum score for them was 118 points.
29 invites were sent to candidates in the General stream. The minimum score for them was 121 points.
The minimum eligibility criteria for the business candidates in BC Entrepreneur immigration category are:
- A minimum investment of $200,000 in an eligible new business or used to purchase and develop an existing business in BC.
- Legally obtained personal net worth of at least $600,000.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 in English or French, by the time of nomination, in each of the 4 competencies namely:
- Creation of at least one new full-time job for a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada in the candidate’s business.
- A suitable business and/or management experience.
- The candidate having been admitted lawfully to the country where he/she currently resides.
- Be eligible for or have a legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
A candidate in the Regional Pilot category needed certain requirements to be fulfilled.
- There should be a population of not more than 75,000 people.
- The community must be located beyond 30 kms from a municipality of with over 75,000 people as population.
- The community should demonstrate the ability to support foreign entrepreneurs with the presence of a network of settlement and business support agencies.
- The community representatives must complete immigration and pilot-specific training.
- The candidate must have a minimum net worth of $300,000.
- The candidate must have a minimum eligible business investment of $100,000.
- The candidate must have at least 51% ownership in the new business.
- The candidate’s Canadian Language Benchmark in English or French in each of the four competencies must be a level 4. The competencies include:
- The candidate must create at least one new full-time job for a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
- The candidate must undertake an exploratory visit in the target community.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…